Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 01:03 PM

11 posts, read 24,194 times

Advertisements

Hi-
I'm hoping for some insight/input from residents who live in Jupiter and have experience with any of those 3 neighborhoods. I know Stonewood Reserve is new- is it in a good area/neighborhood? I can't really tell from the maps that I have looked at and we have not yet gone down to South Florida to visit.

I am interested in Rialto, but I have heard issues regarding being so close to 95 and the noise. The HOA fees look to be around $300/month. Is that typical for the area? Albacoa looks nice but I see there are very few lots left to build on in Windsor Park. We are mainly looking at new(er) construction. Just trying to get an idea of the neighborhoods. We have 2 young children, so a family neighborhood in a good area is a must.

I also want to add that I have searched for threads pertaining to the neighborhoods, but they are either from the beginning of the year or before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 02:05 PM

8 posts, read 12,133 times
Price range? Only Jupiter?

Old 08-31-2015, 02:18 PM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac2008 View Post
Hi-
I'm hoping for some insight/input from residents who live in Jupiter and have experience with any of those 3 neighborhoods. I know Stonewood Reserve is new- is it in a good area/neighborhood? I can't really tell from the maps that I have looked at and we have not yet gone down to South Florida to visit.

I am interested in Rialto, but I have heard issues regarding being so close to 95 and the noise. The HOA fees look to be around $300/month. Is that typical for the area? Albacoa looks nice but I see there are very few lots left to build on in Windsor Park. We are mainly looking at new(er) construction. Just trying to get an idea of the neighborhoods. We have 2 young children, so a family neighborhood in a good area is a must.

I also want to add that I have searched for threads pertaining to the neighborhoods, but they are either from the beginning of the year or before.

Thanks

Rialto is sold out of new homes. The models are currently for sale as well as resales.

Windsor Park is nice but seems like a lot of money to live in Abacoa

Stonewood is a new one street community built in a ghetto neighborhood.

There is another community just passed Rialto called "Prado" but that is Martin County, not Palm Beach County so the schools will be different. They are building a new DiVosta community at the turnpike and Indiantown Rd. Sonoma Isles is the name I believe. They haven't even got the models done yet so it really is "brand new."

Old 08-31-2015, 02:37 PM

623 posts, read 965,996 times
Quote:
Hi-

Thanks
I'm not really that familiar with Stonewood Reserve but its north of Indiantown rd looks to be just starting out. I live in Windsor park and I know that the lot map on the website is incorrect. All of the lots on Wymberly have houses either built or in the process of being built. The same is true for the lots on Prescott dr. Most of the lots left are going for $30,00 to 40,000 and higher. I've been here for 18 months and the home prices and lot prices have gone up so much I couldn't afford to live here if I bought now. I think the best bargains are the resales. Most of them still have a warranty from Divosta and when you figure the cost window coverings fences gutters and things like that you can get it for a lot less than if you built now. Send me a pm if you have any questions Tom

Old 08-31-2015, 02:47 PM

Stonewood is in the Limestone Creek area (behind Duffy's/IHop). Lots of drug crime back there and even a double murder a couple years back (surely drug related).

This was walking distance from Stonewood:

On Friday, April 13, 2012, during the early morning hours, PBSO Dispatch received a 911 call of gun shots heard in the 6600 block of 4th Street, Jupiter. When deputies arrived and canvassed the area they found a red Toyota Matrix at the Far East end of the street with two victims, one male and one female; both appear to be approximately 30 – 40 years of age, with multiple gunshot wounds. Both victims were pronounced dead on scene.

If anyone has information on this incident they are urged to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS stay anonymous and be eligible for up to $1,000 REWARD! You can also text tips to @ tips@cspbc.com

Old 08-31-2015, 05:02 PM

11 posts, read 24,194 times
Thanks so much for the input. Based on what I saw from Google Earth, I was not getting a great feeling about the Stonewood reserve neighborhood.

We are looking to spend 500-675k. We are able to live really anywhere in south florida, but having lived in Boynton Beach and Pembroke Pines before, I am really leaning more towards WPB and Jupiter area. I will definitely check out Sonoma Isles and continue looking on Zillow for resales. Great information about DiVosta- thanks! I didn't realize all of the lots were built out in Rialto, are there a lot of resales in that community as well?

If you guys know of any other neighborhoods that would be good to look at in good school districts, please feel free to share.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:52 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,218,285 times
Depending upon your time frame, DiVosta is building a new home development west of 95 on Indiantown Road in Jupiter.

I believe it is called Lakewood and will consist of 350 homes. They claim to start selling in December of this year. I have a contact name and number if you would like it, but last time I posted it, it was removed.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty78 View Post
Depending upon your time frame, DiVosta is building a new home development west of 95 on Indiantown Road in Jupiter.

I believe it is called Lakewood and will consist of 350 homes. They claim to start selling in December of this year. I have a contact name and number if you would like it, but last time I posted it, it was removed.

Lakewood = Sonoma Isles
New Homes at Sonoma Isles | Jupiter, FL by DiVosta Home Builders

Old 09-01-2015, 03:05 PM

623 posts, read 965,996 times
I would also look at Mallory Creek in Jupiter also in Abacoa

Old 09-02-2015, 08:52 AM

8 posts, read 12,133 times
Quote:
Thanks so much for the input. Based on what I saw from Google Earth, I was not getting a great feeling about the Stonewood reserve neighborhood.

We are looking to spend 500-675k. We are able to live really anywhere in south florida, but having lived in Boynton Beach and Pembroke Pines before, I am really leaning more towards WPB and Jupiter area. I will definitely check out Sonoma Isles and continue looking on Zillow for resales. Great information about DiVosta- thanks! I didn't realize all of the lots were built out in Rialto, are there a lot of resales in that community as well?

If you guys know of any other neighborhoods that would be good to look at in good school districts, please feel free to share.
You should check out PGA NAtional. We recently moved in there and it's been the best thing ever. TONS of stuff to do. Friendly people, parks and playgrounds everywhere, lots for kids to do, believe it or not, seems like anyone moving into PGA is a young family!

Your money will go a lot further here, not to mention the perks and the fact that it's in a great location.

Apparently, this was like a snowbird retirement area, but it's totally not like that anymore. We have block parties with all our neighbors. We're having a Halloween block party and it's only one of many here again this year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach