Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2013, 10:33 AM

8 posts, read 12,898 times

Advertisements

Hey all, this is my first time posting but I have been reading through these forums for a while now. I’m planning to move to South Florida from CT within the next 6 month. I will be moving with my wife, baby and mother in law. I’ll be transferring my job so no worries there. I’ll eventually want to buy a house but I think I need to rent first to get to know the area better before I commit to anything. What do you guys think about furnished rentals in Jupiter / Palm Beach Gardens? I’m looking for 2+bedrooms 2 bathrooms for around $1000 and can stretch it to $1200. Does that sound realistic?? I would like to hear from realtors specializing in rentals.Also I would like to hear from folks who made long distance moves, how you managed your moves? Did you use those storage pods? What’s your experience? Any tips would be appreciated.Thanks in advance for all your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 10:36 AM

5,040 posts, read 7,507,211 times
IMO you need to move your budget up to at least $1,300.. but it all depends on what you can deal with as far as size & safety.
I've used professional movers, as I have a good one and it's not that much more than using PODS or a do-it-yourself situation.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:14 PM

17,658 posts, read 22,435,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engmike25 View Post
Hey all, this is my first time posting but I have been reading through these forums for a while now. I’m planning to move to South Florida from CT within the next 6 month. I will be moving with my wife, baby and mother in law. I’ll be transferring my job so no worries there. I’ll eventually want to buy a house but I think I need to rent first to get to know the area better before I commit to anything. What do you guys think about furnished rentals in Jupiter / Palm Beach Gardens? I’m looking for 2+bedrooms 2 bathrooms for around $1000 and can stretch it to $1200. Does that sound realistic?? I would like to hear from realtors specializing in rentals.Also I would like to hear from folks who made long distance moves, how you managed your moves? Did you use those storage pods? What’s your experience? Any tips would be appreciated.Thanks in advance for all your help.
You are not going to find that at that price point......

Try Jupiter Bay, my buddy rented there for $1400 but it was off season vs start of season now.

Just as a guide, the apartments at Legacy Place are getting $900 a month for an unfurnished 1/1......

Old 10-29-2013, 03:26 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,178,027 times
FWIW, have never seen a rental furnished and that low in PB Gardens nor Jupiter. Good luck to you though.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:06 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,414,935 times
I don't specialize in rentals, but furnished rentals are usually 100-150 more a month than unfurnished. 2/2's for 1200 unfurnished are tough to find considering the nice places that did have them for 1200 like legacy and san matera have nearly doubled in purchase price over the past two years.
If you move during the end of season like March or April you might find something, but it's going to be tough at that price point.
There are places like kangarent that specialize in rentals and might be able to help you better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach