Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 04:55 PM

44 posts, read 93,376 times

Advertisements

My family is preparing to move to PBC this winter due to my husband transferring to Fort Lauderdale for work. We're trying to decide where to purchase a house - keeping in mind future school districts for our now 4 year old son. I've looked on the Great Schools website, but it seems like the community reviews contradict the website ratings. Any advice from parents or teachers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 06:11 PM

304 posts, read 856,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheree202 View Post
My family is preparing to move to PBC this winter due to my husband transferring to Fort Lauderdale for work. We're trying to decide where to purchase a house - keeping in mind future school districts for our now 4 year old son. I've looked on the Great Schools website, but it seems like the community reviews contradict the website ratings. Any advice from parents or teachers?
Wellington-You cannot go wrong

Old 07-04-2013, 09:16 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
The best districts for elementary - high school seem to hug the extremes of the county - Jupiter/Wellington/Boca.

Boca Raton is probably your only viable option if your husband is going to work IN Ft. Lauderdale.

See also: Weston and Parkland, in Broward County.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:17 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,598,417 times
It's nice to live near where you work, but often people cannot chose to have the best of both worlds especially if you move someplace for a job and it does not become a long term opportunity. My neighbor moved to Wellington for the schools, had a great job close to home for 15 years, company downsized and aside from moving out of the area he could only find something comparable down in Broward, now he drives 50 miles one way to work and does not plan on moving....said it's taken some adjustment but had little choice.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:17 PM

84 posts, read 167,813 times
I would never live in Wellington if my husband worked in Ft. Lauderdale. That seems like a torturous drive to make every day. Your best choice is probably Boca Raton given your options. I always say that if you want the best education in PBC you will probably have to pay for it, though -- just generally speaking for younger ages, as schools in PBC are sort of a hit or miss usually.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:34 PM

166 posts, read 384,585 times
If your husbands job is in Ft. Lauderdale you should consider the Coral Springs or Parkland area depending on price or needs. Much closer and much better schools. Parkland was rated #1 by Forbes magazine for bang for the real estate buck, and this is the primary reason why Parkland real estate has led Broward County in resale value for many years. Parkland is in between Ft. Lauderdale and WPB so we go to either for night life, sports events, restaurants, etc. My wife teaches at Marjory Stoneman Douglas HS in Parkland so she can talk to you about the schools as we have friends all over.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:27 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,389,863 times
Boca High School is very good and so is Spanish River HS

Old 07-20-2013, 08:25 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,598,417 times
I would choose Parkland or Coral Springs over Boca, visually Boca is appealing and very affluent but the high degree of pretentious people, drivers and attitudes by a high majority...ruins the appeal. It use to be nicer much like Wellington, remembering back in the 1990's when the Town Center Mall was a typical middle class mall.

Only problem with living out west is the commute would suck either way, especially if the job is located east of 95 in FTL you would be forced to take the Sawgrass Expy.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:10 AM

229 posts, read 534,335 times
The people in Parkland and Coral Springs are not nicer than in Boca.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:34 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,389,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCounty View Post
The people in Parkland and Coral Springs are not nicer than in Boca.
+1
this is very true my friend lives in Coral Springs now 15 years and she would agree with you..and my Daughters cheer coach from NC lives in the country club in parkland and she couldn't believe how snobby the people were In Parkland...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach