Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 07:00 AM

205 posts, read 482,209 times

Advertisements

My husband has accepted a job in Coral Springs. We used to live in SFL so i know its a pain with affordable housing and schools. We are looking to rent a place in West Boca. I have heard the schools are good there well better than broward. We are in TX now live in a subrub with a great school, kids are always playing outside. Is it possible to get that in Boca? Schools are really important as well as living in a good neighborhood where our children can play outside with other kids.

What neighborhoods/schools are good in Boca? Our max for rent is 2g. Generally how is the palm beach school district? Is it as broken as broward?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 12:56 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,434,752 times
Boca Schools compare in my opinion to Weston Schools....It depends on where in West Boca you are looking....My children attend Omni Middle and Spanish River HS and we have been extremely happy....but that is in central boca 33496 zip code...Be careful with West Boca as not all go to the same schools...there is eagles landing which feeds in Into Olympic Heights HS, Loggers Run feeds into West Boca High

Elem schools: sunrise park feeds into Eagles landing Middle and Olympic Heights HS
Sandpiper Elem-feeds into Loggers Run Middle School which feeds into West Boca High
Waters Edge elem feeds into Loggers Run Middle which feeds into West Boca High

then there is Verde Elem feeds into Omni or at least used too they changed the zoning...that feeds into Spanish River HS
Del prado feeds into Omni Middle but again some of this area has been rezoned and feeds into Spanish River HS
Calusa which is NOT West Boca feeds into Omni Middle School and Spanish River HS

Boca Elem feeds into Boca Middle which feeds into Boca HS

Now those that are rezoned from Verde and Del prado would be attending Boca Middle which is in EAST Boca...

As far as schools go, we have experience with the West Boca schools and the Central (Calusa, Omni and Spanish River) and have been extremely happy like I said....We werent happy with the West Boca schools...

Good Luck I hope this helps a little

As far as Rentals: You will need 3 months up front...

Old 08-31-2012, 10:16 AM

63 posts, read 156,611 times
We've been in West Boca for 3 years now and have had no problems with Eagles and Sandpiper. Not every teacher can be your favorite but my kids have gotten good grades and like going there. We do have some concerns with what we hear about Olympic and are looking into other options.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:30 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,434,752 times
PJ try the academies they might be a good option

Old 09-01-2012, 08:02 AM

82 posts, read 220,486 times
We have had nothing but positive results with Olympic Heights. Its just not Central or East Boca. If you can live with the terrible stigma of being in WEST Boca then you will be fine.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:26 PM

143 posts, read 473,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5312 View Post
We have had nothing but positive results with Olympic Heights. Its just not Central or East Boca. If you can live with the terrible stigma of being in WEST Boca then you will be fine.
5312, you live in Delray though, correct? The OP is asking about West Boca neighborhoods...

Swim is correct, I've been in Boca for 12 years, grew up in Coral Springs...I would check into the central Boca schools before the west Boca schools, then go from there. Do your own comparisons.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:28 PM

82 posts, read 220,486 times
No I don't live in Delray but my child goes to Olympic Heights. We are very pleased with this school and its AP and Honors classes. You are all entitled to your opinions but so am I. Certain people on this site feel they can say whatever they want but don't you dare criticize their schools or neighborhoods.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjslad View Post
We've been in West Boca for 3 years now and have had no problems with Eagles and Sandpiper. Not every teacher can be your favorite but my kids have gotten good grades and like going there. We do have some concerns with what we hear about Olympic and are looking into other options.
What have you heard about Olympic? Do you know anything about West boca high?

Old 09-05-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchiamom View Post
5312, you live in Delray though, correct? The OP is asking about West Boca neighborhoods...

Swim is correct, I've been in Boca for 12 years, grew up in Coral Springs...I would check into the central Boca schools before the west Boca schools, then go from there. Do your own comparisons.
Just curious what is wrong with the west boca schools, ? I dont know anyone who lives out there we lived in east Pompano and the school was horrible. Tell me how it is. My daughter was in a public school in broward and it was not diverse enough, she couldnt handle that environment so I want to make sure she doesnt go back to that situation. We talked to a realtor and he said all the schools were good except coral sunset.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:54 AM

63 posts, read 156,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StEt0417 View Post
What have you heard about Olympic? Do you know anything about West boca high?
Not a lot of specifics, but that the faculty wasn't that great and they had a high principal turn around. This was just from 1 or 2 people so.....I heard West Boca is geared towards certain classes, I can't remember what though.

That being said, we are in West Boca and like where we are. We moved down from MA 3 years ago, not knowing much about the different areas, just that I would be working in Pompano. A friend suggested WB so thats where we focused on and found a nice townhouse. We just wish there were a few kids in the neighborhood....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach