Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 01:16 PM

16 posts, read 27,689 times

Advertisements

Hi windycity, I've heard great things about both schools esp The Benjamin school but I do like the fact that Kings Academy has a christian background so we'll see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 03:22 PM

129 posts, read 479,077 times
Hi windycity,
Please be careful when you rent a house. You need to be aware Fl. has a very high rate of foreclosers. I have heard the realtors will not metintion if the house is foreclosed. So please do research on a house you might want to rent. Good Luck!

Old 04-26-2012, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,437 times
Palm Beach is beautiful, and a black family like yourselves wouldn't have any problem fitting in with the area. The schools are a step up from the ones in Downtown Miami, and I wouldn't have any hesitations in moving there. Good luck to you!

Old 06-08-2012, 12:44 PM

16 posts, read 42,750 times
Default Been here for 2 yrs, from NY

Hi latone, I know what you and hat456 mean about the race thing, I guess you have to live somewhere else and move here to understand it. My landscape guy told me "that doesn't happen around here" when I told him my hubby is Jewish and I'm Latina/Catholic, we are a "mixed" family down here.

On that note, I live in West Boynton Beach, in one of the gated Canyon communities right off the turnpike. There are 4 GL Canyon communities; the newest one being Canyon Trails, which is still under construction. In the area where I live, there is a good mix of families and everyone talks to one another. Many people have ties up north so I think that might have something to do with it since I did not feel the same sense of community before we moved to the Canyons. We have been living here a little over a year and I can say I know more neighbors here than I ever knew in my building in NY.

I know there are rentals in Canyon Lakes as one of my drs rented a home there when she relocated here from Tampa. I don't have any children old enough for King's Academy but I know many Canyon kids go there and I have heard it is a good school. I'm pretty sure all the Canyon communities have at least a gym and pool, I think the newest is also getting an arcade and indoor track. We also have the Canyon Town Center, an open air shopping center with a Publix, Panera, wallgreens, park, amphitheater, post office, banks, and a whole bunch of shops & restaurants. There is also a new emergency care place opening.

The Canyons were hit hard with the foreclosures but the homes don't last very long on the market. The only ones still listed are the very large homes, usually over $400k. 2 houses that were listed on my block sold in less than 2 weeks, one had 17 offers and was sold over 50k of the listing price (see, proof that the neighbors talk!).

If you want more info, send me a message!

Old 06-08-2012, 06:30 PM

623 posts, read 1,306,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnN View Post
Hi latone, I know what you and hat456 mean about the race thing, I guess you have to live somewhere else and move here to understand it. My landscape guy told me "that doesn't happen around here" when I told him my hubby is Jewish and I'm Latina/Catholic, we are a "mixed" family down here.

On that note, I live in West Boynton Beach, in one of the gated Canyon communities right off the turnpike. There are 4 GL Canyon communities; the newest one being Canyon Trails, which is still under construction. In the area where I live, there is a good mix of families and everyone talks to one another. Many people have ties up north so I think that might have something to do with it since I did not feel the same sense of community before we moved to the Canyons. We have been living here a little over a year and I can say I know more neighbors here than I ever knew in my building in NY.

I know there are rentals in Canyon Lakes as one of my drs rented a home there when she relocated here from Tampa. I don't have any children old enough for King's Academy but I know many Canyon kids go there and I have heard it is a good school. I'm pretty sure all the Canyon communities have at least a gym and pool, I think the newest is also getting an arcade and indoor track. We also have the Canyon Town Center, an open air shopping center with a Publix, Panera, wallgreens, park, amphitheater, post office, banks, and a whole bunch of shops & restaurants. There is also a new emergency care place opening.

The Canyons were hit hard with the foreclosures but the homes don't last very long on the market. The only ones still listed are the very large homes, usually over $400k. 2 houses that were listed on my block sold in less than 2 weeks, one had 17 offers and was sold over 50k of the listing price (see, proof that the neighbors talk!).

If you want more info, send me a message!

have been there several times seeing some people we know...... got the same feeling of friendliness there. REally nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach