Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 07:05 AM

8 posts, read 23,632 times

Advertisements

To follow up on this thread, I came back from my trip and did not like Renaissance Commons to live long-term, it's more like a rental area. Hypoluxo was also a more commercial area than I liked. I viewed about 15 townhouses/homes in 2 days and I preferred the curb appeal, privacy and safety of 3br/2ba detached homes in a gated community and put in an offer on a home in Smith Farms, Lake Worth, which was the best value I saw for the money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 09:47 AM

623 posts, read 1,302,715 times
Looked at smith farms. Really nice homes and nice area. What's included in their hoa fees?

Old 02-14-2012, 10:19 AM

8 posts, read 23,632 times
Since it's a detached home, I believe the HOA fees only covers the common areas, pool, community center, tennis courts, paying for manned guard, i.e. it does not cover mowing your lawn or insurance on the building as opposed to a townhouse. I will share more info as I find out more. I spoke to a neighbor at length to get a feel for the community and it's a younger/middle-aged crowd with kids, not a retirement community. He said the biggest issue is the HOA is a PITA to deal with, e.g. sending letters to clean your roof. If you don't comply, they will do it and bill you. This can be good to keep up the neighborhood but invades your privacy if they are watching your every move.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,117 times
Default Buying a Retirement place:Deerfield, Delray Etc

My husband and I are coming to the Deerfield-Delray area to look for a retirement place as well..we are in our mid 50's active love to go out..we were looking for some suggestions from people in that area of where to look..we have a budget of 300-400k and would a 3 bedroom townhome, house or low floor high rise. We really want a water view and some small greenspace...We appreciate your input!!

Old 05-15-2012, 10:11 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandt176 View Post
My husband and I are coming to the Deerfield-Delray area to look for a retirement place as well..we are in our mid 50's active love to go out..we were looking for some suggestions from people in that area of where to look..we have a budget of 300-400k and would a 3 bedroom townhome, house or low floor high rise. We really want a water view and some small greenspace...We appreciate your input!!
Captains Walk/Pelican Harbor in South Delray. water views, boat slips available, and close to restaurants/shopping/beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach