Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2011, 01:55 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,661,079 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of or have had personal experiences with a dentist/oral surgeon/implantologist ( right word? )?

Serious stuff I know. Anyone have implants? Are you happy? Was it painful? How long did it take?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 06:53 PM

155 posts, read 508,193 times
Can you go a bit further north to Boynton Beach? I had to get an implant placed in tooth #13 exactly one year ago. I was living in North Palm Beach at the time. I CANNOT say enough good things about the oral surgeon who did it.

Dr. David M. Feinerman
3695 W Boynton Beach Blvd # 1, Boynton Beach, FL 33436-4516
(561) 364-1800 ‎

I am petrified of any type of dental work and was terrified of having this done. He was very supportive and did an amazing job. His office is immaculately clean and runs very smoothly. Put it this way. I knew I was moving back to Boston in March, but I STILL chose to have the implant placed by him knowing, I would have to fly back to get the final checks and crown put on. I would do it all over again. He is great! He got his DMD from Harvard. He also performs maxillofacial surgery at Delray medical center. That is the last thing I remember him saying when he put me under lol!

Mind you, generally you don't get put under for implants, but I was having my tooth pulled and the implant placed at the same time, and no way was I going to be awake for a tooth being pulled (told you I am SCAREDDDD!!!) I had to pay out of pocket for sedation, but it too was worth every penny. Although he assured me that having a tooth pulled and implant placed is much easier than even having a root canal...with which my brother who just had an implant done here, concurs.

If you have ANY questions about the procedure, or the office, or anything at all, do not hesitate to PM me! Good luck

Old 01-03-2012, 06:58 PM

155 posts, read 508,193 times
I just realized I didn't really answer all your questions in the op. Well, as you can deduce from above post, I am Extremely happy with the results from beginning to end.

It was not painful (again, b/c I was sedated), however, I had mild throbbing post procedure which was remedied with vicodin. That was only for about 24 hrs after. Also, the surgeon called me personally from his cell phone at 5:30 pm the eve of my procedure to see how I was doing!

It does not take long at all! you will be in and out. I was lucky to have the original tooth pulled and the implant placed in the same sitting. That is because I had plenty of bone in my upper jaw to take the implant. It used to be you always had to wait before getting the implant after the pull, usually because bone grafts would have to be placed and fused properly before you could drill an implant in there. This is still the case with some people.

Ok, any more questions, fire away

Old 01-04-2012, 07:49 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,329,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
Does anyone know of or have had personal experiences with a dentist/oral surgeon/implantologist ( right word? )?

Serious stuff I know. Anyone have implants? Are you happy? Was it painful? How long did it take?
1) I have two implants. They are great after they have healed and been crowned. They look and feel like regular teeth.

2) I am happy with them.

3) Going from a tooth being pulled to a fully functional implant with crown takes about 6 months. After they pull the bad tooth, the dentist needs to complete a bone graft. Bascially, they just scrap around the jaw area where the tooth was removed and stuff that bone material in the hole. It bonds with the surrounding area and provides a better foundation for the "implant" which is basically a titanium screw that goes into your jaw. However, the dentist can't place the implant until the bone graft has healed. This takes a little while, at least a few months as I recall. After the bone graft has healed the dentist takes you back in to install the implant (the screw). He drills a hole into your jaw and screws the implant in tightly into the hole. It doesn't hurt. It sounds and feels weird, but it doesn't hurt. After the implant, heals which can be up to six months, you brought back to the office to have the crown (the fake tooth) installed atop the implant. That completes the procedure. The tooth looks and feels just like a real tooth. Plan on at least six months for the whole procedure. Remember, the implant doesn't include the cost of the crown. Good luck.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:56 PM

143 posts, read 472,332 times
Dr Feinerman is a wonderful oral surgeon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach