Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2011, 08:51 PM

1 posts, read 4,834 times

Advertisements

I have looked at Woodfield cc and Broken Sound
as a possible place to rent or buy to get out of the NY
winters.

I am 59 as is my wife.. We would be snowbirds
and wonder if we are too old for Woodfield ?
Would most families be working and with young kids ?

As intermediate tennis players and beginner golfers
would we have an easy time getting games..

How is Broken sound ? older ?? friendlier ? not as nice ?
than Woodfield ?
and to really confusew this ? what about Palm Beach County
( Mirasol or Ballenisles)... I have stayed at The Boca resort
for 1 week at a time.. and like that too !! Help !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 09:10 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Broken Sound is a little older than Woodfield...There are a lot of kids in both developments however Woodfield is a good mix...We were looking in both places to rent the issue will be if your looking short term a lot of people don't do under 1 year and they have new rules on people renting and having a Membership I know in Broken Sound Woodfield I believe might be the same....If I may look into the Polo club Boca and Delray same development but one section is Boca and the other section is Delray..also check into Delaire I do know the people are a bit older as well and one more is Boca Country Club you might really like that development as well...and yes its older people..All that I listed are in Palm Beach County

Good Luck

Old 03-25-2011, 10:15 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
Are you going to golf/play tennis enough to make it worth while to pay your dues? There are communities that offer tennis in your monthly HOA dues and you can play golf outside of the neighborhood casually on the side.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:39 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,988 times
In Woodfield they have different memberships.You have to join the club but if you don't play alot of golf then I don't think you have to buy that which is more expensive. I think it is still the same but I could be wrong. There are a variety of ages. A few of my family members are over 80 and they have friends of similar ages but then there are also families. There is a mix of homes from smaller to the double gated area with large ones. If you rent usually the owner is only allowed 1 rental a year. Some though will rent it short term still but the price goes up. Some you must take the club and some you can't.
As for friendly I would not use that word. My mom and I did an experiment and when you walk past people we think about 1 in 4 don't even acknowledge you. It is a little fake there but is a very lovely community from the grounds,homes,clubhouse etc. I do feel for some of my family that are older the community with all the activities is a great way to meet people and keep social.
I think Woodfield and St Andrews are nicer then Broken Sound but that is my opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach