Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 07:30 AM

16 posts, read 61,949 times

Advertisements

We are moving from the midwest to the Jupiter area with our two kids, ages 18 mo and 3 years. I would like to get an idea of child care costs at local daycares. We would ideally like to begin with part-time daycare. We're interested in Reggio Emilia schools (although I haven't found any in the area) or accredited Montessori schools, although we are also considering other options. Any thoughts and/or tuition information that you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 03:15 PM

I've just learned that Temple Beth AM preschool is a Reggio Emilia school. Does anyone have further info on this school? We are not Jewish, but I assume that wouldn't matter? Does anyone know the cost?

Old 03-14-2011, 09:46 AM

323 posts, read 634,067 times
Just an FYI: We are thinking of moving to the Jupiter area also. My wife has read and researched the ABC preschools, she told me, and they seem very good. Just a thought.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:15 PM

Thanks; I will look into it. That's ABC Montessori? I also read that Turtle River Montessori is good, although our youngest wouldn't be old enough for it yet. Any ideas on cost?

Old 03-15-2011, 07:14 AM

323 posts, read 634,067 times
sofla11: My wife and I just took a quick look for the ABC preschools in Jupiter online, and could not find a website? Maybe we are missing something, but seems odd. The Turtle Montessori website gives lots of info, so you could look there. This school looks (curriculum, etc.) like the one my son attends now in CT, which is excellent.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:33 AM

3 posts, read 12,613 times
Hey, I have been to most of the daycares in Jupiter and would strongly advise you to check out country daycare or professional learning center. Country day care just dropped their prices for the economy and both of these schools scored the highest in placement for kindergarden, I would strongly suggest you not take the kids to abc montessori

Old 03-15-2011, 07:36 AM

3 posts, read 12,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofla11 View Post
Thanks; I will look into it. That's ABC Montessori? I also read that Turtle River Montessori is good, although our youngest wouldn't be old enough for it yet. Any ideas on cost?

just a note: turtle river is a great school. but if you work, you will not like this school. The hours are so not conveinent. And the children are off alot of days....................

Old 03-15-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat456 View Post
sofla11: My wife and I just took a quick look for the ABC preschools in Jupiter online, and could not find a website? Maybe we are missing something, but seems odd. The Turtle Montessori website gives lots of info, so you could look there. This school looks (curriculum, etc.) like the one my son attends now in CT, which is excellent.
I found this: ABC Montessori Academy - VPK in Jupiter http://www.abcmontessoriacademy.com ABC Montessori Academy serving Jupiter, FL - Official Site (http://www.foryourbiz.net/abcmontessoriacademy/index.html - broken link)

Doesn't really give a lot of info on the curriculum. And nothing about actual Montessori accreditation.

Does anyone have personal input to share about Sunshine Tree Montessori school? Also still interested in hearing more about Turtle River and Temple Beth AM. My main problem with Turtle River at this point is that I don't think my 18 month old is old enough for it yet.

One other question: Are there typically waiting lists to get into these schools? I know where we live now, almost every school of this kind has a waiting list.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:01 AM

Any information about Hi-Tech Academy?

Old 03-15-2011, 12:42 PM

368 posts, read 928,970 times
Default Mirasol or The Bluffs School?

Nothing about Hi-Tech from me, but I was going to post the same question although I guess my question is more along the lines of Juno Beach/Palm Beach Gardens than Jupiter (unless they're all the same thing!)

I just started working for a Juno Beach company and my husband who works from home is able to take our 4-year-old and 18-month-old to their preschool in Boca (which is a great school but now it's far for me to take the kids and then go back to Juno). But the drive to Boca is a strain and we're starting to think of moving them to a school close to my job. I read great things about Mirasol or The Bluffs School but something tells me both are super expensive. We're also considering moving from Wellington to Juno in a year when my older son is ready to enter kindergarten. I've already started researching the Lighthouse Elementary School.

If anyone has experience with these two preschools/child care facilities, I'd appreciate hearing about them and prices.

As a side note, I looked on their websites and I always look for some diversity in advertisements and didn't see any. No big deal, but we are a multicultural family and found this curious.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach