Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 12:27 PM

12 posts, read 25,302 times

Advertisements

Help. I need to find schools for students who have been in the gifted program in Central Florida. I will definitely be living in West Boca area. Can anyone tell me which schools cater to gifted students, both middle and elementary? I know WatersEdge has a gifted program , or it did. Is it true that only a few schools actually have a gifted program and my children could end up being bussed to schools in different part of PB county in order to accomodate their needs? I have already read all the info on the PBC school site and it is not clear. Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 06:06 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Waters Edge and Del Prado have gifted programs...for Elem school....I know Omni Middle where my daughter will be attending has classes suited for gifted as well but we live in Central Boca..My daughter attended Waters Edge before we moved out of West Boca but she wasnt in gifted..you can call the Middle Schools and ask them.. they only get bussed in Elem School for the Gifted Program and if you live in west boca it would be Waters Edge unless u live right near the school..We rented in Boca Falls..and then parts of West/Central would be Del Prado having friends with kids in both schools they both said Del Prado's gifted has a better program although I cant say 1st hand...Loggers Run Im not sure about...Eagles Landing Middle I also believe has classes suited for gifted children..

good luck

Old 07-31-2010, 11:43 PM

3 posts, read 13,152 times
NO... your kids won't be "bussed" to another school. YOU are the bus! If you want something other than your zoned school, YOU will have to research alternate "choice" magnet schools, submit an application to their lottery, and then if you happen to WIN the lottery, YOU get to bus them everyday for the next 12 years.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:21 AM

32 posts, read 110,738 times
Your child can be bussed in the Elementary school if not in the actual district boundaries.
Middle schools have their gifted programs integrated into each school. But if you apply to an 'acadamy' at a school in another district - then you're the bus!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach