Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 01:47 PM

61 posts, read 148,260 times

Advertisements

I am looking for an over 55 villa community. I found something I liked in Boynton Beach, but I have read scary things about Boynton. Are there areas in West Palm Beach for the over 55 crowd that would be safer? I like Boynton Beach in the area that I am referring to since it has a good location, i.e., close enough to beach, shopping, downtown Delray. Even though we are 55+ we still like to have places to "hang out." Would appreciate any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 04:20 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
West Boynton is a nice area which is where a bunch of the 55+ neighborhoods are. What neighborhood are you interested in?

Old 07-05-2010, 05:47 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Boynton has a more vibrant 55+ community than West Palm Beach proper. Especially West Boynton like Aberdeen and Valencia.

Come to think of it, besides Century Village I don't really know of any 55+ in West Palm.

As for reading "scary" things online, look at objective crime statistics for the areas and neighborhoods you look at. Remember that people who have bad things to say about anything are more likely to share their opinions than those that are happy.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:48 AM

1 posts, read 4,261 times
I'm 40 yrs old and planning to moving to a nice neighborhood. Looking for a Middle class upscale area. Considering West Palm Beach or Boynton, especially with 2 daughters 12 and 14 yrs. I am planning on buying. Currently own a home in upscale part of Charlotte, NC. Any suggestions?

Old 07-26-2010, 08:06 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
It depends on what you are looking for, price range, etc. but West Boynton/Lake Worth is a very nice area for your situation. Lots of good neighborhoods.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:05 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopn4miracl View Post
I am looking for an over 55 villa community. I found something I liked in Boynton Beach, but I have read scary things about Boynton. Are there areas in West Palm Beach for the over 55 crowd that would be safer? I like Boynton Beach in the area that I am referring to since it has a good location, i.e., close enough to beach, shopping, downtown Delray. Even though we are 55+ we still like to have places to "hang out." Would appreciate any info.
For 55 and older, you have nothing to fear about Boynton. There's plenty of older people living in Boynton and are happy and fine. I personally like it more than West Palm because it isn't congested and crowded like West Palm and it's nicely landscaped. There's lots of gated communities to live in if you are that nervous about the area. Good luck!

Old 07-27-2010, 09:06 AM

9 posts, read 21,907 times
Does Boynton have a town with shopping, bars and restaurants?

Old 07-27-2010, 09:11 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingman1 View Post
Does Boynton have a town with shopping, bars and restaurants?
Of course! What do think Boynton is? A rural town? Lol. You have no idea how many nice restaurants and shopping areas Boynton has. There's so many! And yes, there are bars too! A simple search on Google Maps will locate all the bars, restaurants, and shopping centers within Boynton Beach proper.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:48 AM

2 posts, read 5,172 times
I am looking for a good place somewhere between Stuart, W. Palm, Jupiter that area. I am semi retired, now single female who will also need work in the medical field. I am a registered med asst and phlebotimist..I enjoy a social life and I am looking forward to the beach and the energy of Florida. My sister and her husband live in Stuart but I am again..single and not ready for the rocking chair yet..lol...any suggestions would be helpful. I want a 1 or 2 bedroom place and because it is just me, alone with my small dog nothing over 750.00 a month would be nice. Any suggestions? Also..how is the older social life? 55 plussers?

Old 10-25-2010, 08:19 AM

6 posts, read 18,471 times
so glad to hear that west boynton is a nice area beacause i have read so many horrible things about east boynton. Canyon springs and equus look like nice communities to me. so, now i will definitely consider them. thanks everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach