Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 09:10 PM

23,039 posts, read 34,503,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
I think you're missing my point... You do not have to constantly bash the city. What good does that do?

As for wondering how many of the people living in Houston really desire to live there - even if 95% of them left there would still be more people living in Houston than in Asheville, NC! And if 99.999999% of the people left Houston there would still be more people living in Houston than in Maggie Valley, NC!

Your constant bashing of Houston is not very appealing. It's far less appealing toward you than what your constant negative opinions convey to others about Houston... Think about that!
I am just giving my opinion like you and everyone else on here, sorry it bothers you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 06:30 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,327,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I am just giving my opinion like you and everyone else on here, sorry it bothers you so much.
I haven't seen anyone that is so dedicated in their life to constantly bash a city as you do. Obviously you are an absolutely miserable person - because it appears that the only thing that's on your mind is one thing...how much you utterly hate Houston. You harp on it with no end. You are totally infatuated with your disgust of living in Houston. You are obsessed with telling anybody and everybody about how you feel.

You must be an extremely difficult person to be close with considering how distraught you always are about living in Houston. One might think that you're living in hell. I certainly hope you don't constantly talk to your husband, family and friends all the time about how much you despise Houston so much. If you do, you must be a joy to be around...

Old 07-17-2008, 06:37 AM

29,890 posts, read 9,995,516 times
Quote:
I haven't seen anyone that is so dedicated in their life to constantly bash a city as you do. Obviously you are an absolutely miserable person - because it appears that the only thing that's on your mind is one thing...how much you utterly hate Houston. You harp on it with no end. You are totally infatuated with your disgust of living in Houston. You are obsessed with telling anybody and everybody about how you feel.

You must be an extremely difficult person to be close with considering how distraught you always are about living in Houston. One might think that you're living in hell. I certainly hope you don't constantly talk to your husband, family and friends all the time about how much you despise Houston so much. If you do, you must be a joy to be around...
ok uh.........what the hell????. we have gone way off-topic and that comment was waaaayyy off-line. there was no need for such a rude comment like that, it seems like you try to bait ILNC into arguments. ILNC, is actually a very kind person. allright bye, have a wonderful day

Old 07-17-2008, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manram24 View Post
ok uh.........what the hell????. we have gone way off-topic and that comment was waaaayyy off-line. there was no need for such a rude comment like that, it seems like you try to bait ILNC into arguments. ILNC, is actually a very kind person. allright bye, have a wonderful day
Me baiting her - you must be kidding me! Her hate of Houston is constant, and it certainly wasn't brought about by me. I think you have things backwards!

You are right about one thing - the exchange is off-topic...

Old 07-17-2008, 06:49 AM

29,890 posts, read 9,995,516 times
Quote:
Me baiting her - you must be kidding me! Her hate of Houston is constant, and it certainly wasn't brought about by me. I think you have things backwards!
NAH, i'm pretty sure you've been baiting her ever since you joined. And why does it matter so much too you that she dosen't care for Houston???

Old 07-17-2008, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manram24 View Post
NAH, I'm pretty sure you've been baiting her ever since you joined. And why does it matter so much too you that she doesnt care for Houston???
Wrong! She's been bashing Houston long before I ever came along - takes a look if you are interested.

It doesn't matter to me that she doesn't like Houston...or any other city for that matter. But what disturbs me is that she constantly bashes the city - and the same would apply for any city, not just Houston. I have no interested, good or bad, for Houston.

What caught my attention is her screen name "I Love North Carolina". I was born and grew up in NC, and lived there for over 50 years. I just kept seeing her bash Houston on a daily basis - over and over and over and over. It never stops. (No, I definitely do not bait her - she bashes Houston all on her own to the utmost.) I just do not think her constant bashing is necessary or fair. I suspect a large number of people are fully aware of her hatred for Houston and takes it with a grain of salt. However, I suspect many newcomers may be influenced by her and they will overlook Houston as a great city to call home. Thus, I give my opinion about her constant and pathetic bashing...because she is doing a big injustice to Houstonians - which is just not right and unfair in my opinion.

Lastly, her constant bashing is not in [good] keeping with her religious persona.

Last edited by Kootr; 07-17-2008 at 07:26 AM..

Old 07-17-2008, 08:09 AM

23,039 posts, read 34,503,487 times
Quote:
Wrong! She's been bashing Houston long before I ever came along - takes a look if you are interested.

It doesn't matter to me that she doesn't like Houston...or any other city for that matter. But what disturbs me is that she constantly bashes the city - and the same would apply for any city, not just Houston. I have no interested, good or bad, for Houston.

What caught my attention is her screen name "I Love North Carolina". I was born and grew up in NC, and lived there for over 50 years. I just kept seeing her bash Houston on a daily basis - over and over and over and over. It never stops. (No, I definitely do not bait her - she bashes Houston all on her own to the utmost.) I just do not think her constant bashing is necessary or fair. I suspect a large number of people are fully aware of her hatred for Houston and takes it with a grain of salt. However, I suspect many newcomers may be influenced by her and they will overlook Houston as a great city to call home. Thus, I give my opinion about her constant and pathetic bashing...because she is doing a big injustice to Houstonians - which is just not right and unfair in my opinion.

Lastly, her constant bashing is not in [good] keeping with her religious persona.
You obviously don't read many of my posts, what I complain about is the weather, not the city. I have said MANY times all places are not for all people and Houston is not for ME. I think you give me too much credit to think my complaining about the weather is going to keep anyone from moving here. After all this a forum about weather and most of us don't take complaining about it as personal as you do. Maybe it's my love for North Carolina that is really bothering you since that is what caught your eye. So if you want to debate about Texas and North Carolina you should start another thread in the General US forum, this is not the place for it.
And by the way, I HATE the weather here today!

Old 07-17-2008, 09:13 AM

5,407 posts, read 13,318,705 times
Quote:

You are right about one thing - the exchange is off-topic...
I've been reading ILNC's posts for a long time. I've never heard her bash Houston, just the weather, but Texas' summers and tornadic weather are great for bashing.

A miserable person......I think not. You really must not read her posts and her love for the Lord. She hates humidity as many of us do and that may make her feel miserably but feeling such and being such are two totally different things. I feel her pain since I live in HOT Texas too, but if I lived in Houston, I'd be feeling much more pain because the humidity and dew points there are worse than where I am. No thank you.

I have to go to Houston next weekend for a wedding and I'm already dreading the weather. I'm going to crank the hotel A/C down to 65 or lower and really enjoy that.

Hey, ILNC, I think Corpus may even have Houston beat on comfort level and feeling miserably.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:50 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,547,387 times
Moderator cut: This has gone on long enough. This is a weather forum. We discuss our likes and dislikes of the weather and we don't bash one another for their preferences. We will treat each other respectfully or infractions will be issued.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:46 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,744,186 times
I'd say Minneapolis because we've been without a/c for almost two weeks!! I found a site that says Duluth (up on Lake Superior) is 94% humidity. At this point Texas shows Houston and the entire eastern coast of Texas to be in the 70 to 80% humidity...which is close to where we're at way up here in the north!

Dallas should have no complaints at all as they're in the 30 to 40% humidity. But, if you're back in NC then you'd be about the same as Houston and that part of Texas.

If you want to see where I got my info, check out the link below. It has all types of weather maps for every continent. Pretty sweet! Weather - Find Local Weather, National and International Weather Forecasts and Conditions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather