Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 07:17 PM

5,749 posts, read 3,527,947 times

Advertisements

I'm doing a bit of traveling in Australia and New Zealand. Started in Australia to visit family in Brisbane and the Gold Coast. All photos taken with my phone.

As befits a subtropical climate, plenty of plant and insect activity in Brisbane during winter.

We had sunny weather for our day trip to Noosa.

We had some showery weather for the first few days on the Gold Coast.

However, the rain meant the rainforest of the hinterland was very verdant and the waterfalls were flowing.

Stayed in Burleigh Heads. Lots of fresh produce from the land but a lot of the seafood comes from New Zealand?

The weather improved by the end of our stay.

I'm currently in Wellington and will have some photos to post from here before heading off to Queenstown next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 09:00 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,723,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed's Mountain View Post
I'm doing a bit of traveling in Australia and New Zealand. Started in Australia to visit family in Brisbane and the Gold Coast. All photos taken with my phone.

As befits a subtropical climate, plenty of plant and insect activity in Brisbane during winter.

We had sunny weather for our day trip to Noosa.

We had some showery weather for the first few days on the Gold Coast.

However, the rain meant the rainforest of the hinterland was very verdant and the waterfalls were flowing.

Stayed in Burleigh Heads. Lots of fresh produce from the land but a lot of the seafood comes from New Zealand?

The weather improved by the end of our stay.

I'm currently in Wellington and will have some photos to post from here before heading off to Queenstown next week.
Now those photos are the way an ideal winter is supposed to look like IMO

Old 06-16-2018, 03:46 PM

I'll post these next even though they're out of chronological order. We went to the test match last night where a valiant French side succumbed to a rather sloppy All Blacks squad who were helped by some very questionable officiating. New Zealand won the game but the French won the hearts of the crowd.

Approaching Westpac Stadium.

There was rain before the game but it stopped about an hour before kickoff. Perfect weather for a football game; temperature was about 10°C.

Satisfied customers after the match.

Old 06-16-2018, 04:26 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,607,254 times
Sun is out here today but thus far it has been one of the dullest Junes on record - also many other eastern NZ locations have fared badly so far.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:15 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,556,943 times
Brisbane looks awesome. Great photos

Old 06-18-2018, 12:25 AM

OK, here come some photos from my time in Wellington.

First day was rather rainy but that seemed like a rather fitting introduction to this oceanic city.

The next day started clear and bright affording good views.

One of the few deciduous trees around town.

The botanic gardens were beautiful.

The weather clouded over again by the time we made it to Zealandia. Evidently almost all of New Zealand's native forest has been cleared but some of it was spared here.

More on its way in the days to come.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:40 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,712,093 times
Nice photos. I've got similar ones still on my phone from walks around Binna Burra and Mt Tamborine, back in May. Burleigh Heads was the closest beach, so went there a few times.

Wellington weather looks like here today. Didn't know Karori had changed it's name to Zealandia. Almost all of NZ's lowland forest was cleared (although the South Island kept much more). There was a lot of hill country, and subalpine forest that was never touched. A shame NZ lost so many of it's birds -must have been something else.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:53 AM

Here are the highlights from my remaining days in and around Wellington. Cell phone photos as before.

First up is a day trip to Martinborough famous for its pinot noir.

Fall colours were mostly over.

Then we went over to Waiohine Gorge. On the way there we encountered quintessential NZ landscape.

The gorge itself was spanned by a swing bridge that was too wobbly for my liking.

The day after the test match we went to the Wellington farmers market. The weather was fine and sunny after the rain from the night before.

The next day we were up the Kapiti Coast. A storm was moving in which added to the atmosphere of the dramatic coastline.

We went to the Nga Manu nature reserve.

The rain was moving in by the time we were finished our walk.

And by the time we got back to town it was falling quite heavily.

In Queenstown now; will post some photos from here in the days to come.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:14 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,607,254 times
Nice pics. Hard to remember now that there was a period of 31 days in Nov-Dec past with nil rainfall ...

Old 06-19-2018, 10:24 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,723,681 times
I love the native tree ferns in Wellington! They look awesome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather