Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2014, 01:22 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,208,771 times

Advertisements

A yeah but they don't speak English and its way too far from America.

Also UK is much better economically and by infrastructure that Finland.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:24 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,833,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Are real estate prices cheap in Finland?
Cheap? No. In Helsinki they are hideously expensive, almost like Paris. But in smaller cities they are quite acceptable. The interest rates are low and if having a real estate loan you are eligble to reduce 65% of the interest in your taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
A yeah but they don't speak English and its way too far from America.

Also UK is much better economically and by infrastructure that Finland.
We speak English, love. Like I do.

The economy of the UK is better, but infrastructure - hardly.

I thought theunbrainwashed worked in healthcare, and we have a huge need for professionals here, but maybe I was wrong.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:24 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,675,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I thought I was gonna be unhappy, but the prospect of moving to the UK has me in a good mood Would most likely have to start out in London, but I really like the look of Leeds. Great sized city without the craziness of London or even Manchester. Don't really care about the weather up north, as long as there's hardly anymore snow and ice, I'll be as happy as a clam If I can get an IT related job up there (anything to do with help desk or network admin or other similar roles), that would be super great! But, it won't be for about another year or so before I make the big move.
Thought you were a nurse.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Haven't you seen all the photos? It's a beautiful place and anywhere that doesn't have hot summers is a huge plus in my book...lol.

I was watching Braveheart last night and man, Scotland is just so pretty - all those beautiful mountains and that open sky, and it never, ever gets hot there....that's one place I'd not mind living.

Oh well, the UP of Michigan ain't so bad either, and I don't have to leave the US to live there...lol.
oh btw the east coast of Scotland is not like that at all. Its very very flat and just fields everywhere.

I haven't been to west Scotland.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Cheap? No. In Helsinki they are hideously expensive, almost like Paris. But in smaller cities they are quite acceptable. The interest rates are low and if having a real estate loan you are eligble to reduce 65% of the interest in your taxes.

We speak English, love. Like I do.

The economy of the UK is better, but infrastructure - hardly.
Do you really? I thought first language was Finnish.

Are you sure about that? There are trains in England and Scotland that go up and down the country/coast in 4 hours ran by numerous operators. I can't really see the Finnish trains system being as good or as extensive as the GB one.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:28 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,523,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yeah, that's what sucks about any big city really (except for Atlanta, of course, it's an oddball city for having low RE prices)

I never can understand what is it about big cities that make them so friggin' expensive - it should be the other way around, methinks, with more efficient use of infrastructure, land, etc.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
oh btw the east coast of Scotland is not like that at all. Its very very flat and just fields everywhere.

I haven't been to west Scotland.
Yeah, that's the part where I'd like to live...lol. I do have Scottish blood in me, so that's probably one reason I have attraction for that place.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:33 PM

I wouldn't think your ancestry would influence that.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't think your ancestry would influence that.
Well, I find it appealing just the same.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:35 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,444,149 times
Looking forward to cooler weather starting tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather