Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2008, 03:02 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,454,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
70 degrees right now, sunny and breezy, just beautiful.....y'all remind me about this weather when I start whining about the Fl summers!
Personally, I don't believe they can actually predict weather months in advance. I've heard the argument that long range predictions are more of a science and short term predictions deal more with meteorology itself and that's why they CLAIM that long range forecasts are more accurate. I don't believe a word of it.

If you check back in this forum, one of the predictions for the Dakotas and Montana were for huge amounts of snow this season. We may still get more then we want yet, but we're well below the average and it's nearing the end of January. I believe there was even a link for it, but there's also a thread predicting a mild winter for my area, again possibly with a link. So if you predict both things, you're sure to be right and can even go back and prove it.

Listening to long range forecasts (I'm talking about months ahead) for your end of the country, the predictions have been that there would be extreme and widespread flooding and that's supposed to have been happening for a couple of years already. And what do most areas have? They have a drought. So as not to offend anyone, I'll just say there's a Higher Power who is in control of the weather and none of us can really be sure about what is coming our way.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:37 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,901,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Come on up!! Right now this morning it it a chilly -36*F. not going to get above the 0F mark today. I'll trade you mid 70's.
humans were not built to survive such brutality. The mid-70's wuld feel nice for you but here where it's summer, it feels cold.

Certainly nothing in the way of warmth forecasted here for the foreseeable future. ANd everybody on the Aussie weather forums is celebrating. One reason why I was banned there is because I used to abuse the other members for that reason. It just INFURIATED me to see people welcoming cold and cloud in summer. There's 3 particular people there who I just wanna punch in the face.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:56 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,866,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
humans were not built to survive such brutality. The mid-70's wuld feel nice for you but here where it's summer, it feels cold.
Actually for the better part of the summer here it is only mid to upper 70's. LOL I would die in sustained 80-85+ weather, not used to it at all. I seriously thought of relocating to Australia (Perth) a few years ago, had a job lined up, sponsor, the whole 9 yards, but after looking at the summer temps, I had to turn it all down. I just am useless in heat. To each their own, hope it heats up for you!

Old 01-21-2008, 06:12 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,356,034 times
I would die without heat. 90* is perfect, if there's no humidity. 100+ is a little excessive, but going to the beach when it's only 70* sucks.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:39 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,901,173 times
For me it has to be atleast 90 before even thinking about going to the beach. Going to the beach in icy 70 degree weather is just asking for death by hypothermia.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:05 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Personally, I don't believe they can actually predict weather months in advance. I've heard the argument that long range predictions are more of a science and short term predictions deal more with meteorology itself and that's why they CLAIM that long range forecasts are more accurate. I don't believe a word of it.

If you check back in this forum, one of the predictions for the Dakotas and Montana were for huge amounts of snow this season. We may still get more then we want yet, but we're well below the average and it's nearing the end of January. I believe there was even a link for it, but there's also a thread predicting a mild winter for my area, again possibly with a link. So if you predict both things, you're sure to be right and can even go back and prove it.

Listening to long range forecasts (I'm talking about months ahead) for your end of the country, the predictions have been that there would be extreme and widespread flooding and that's supposed to have been happening for a couple of years already. And what do most areas have? They have a drought. So as not to offend anyone, I'll just say there's a Higher Power who is in control of the weather and none of us can really be sure about what is coming our way.
You are certainly correct about the long-range forecasts, we always laugh when they come out with the hurricane predictions. Still not looking forward to 8 months of heat, humidity, and bugs.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:31 PM

It rarely gets above 80* where I live. That's why I like Long Beach, CA. It gets into the 80's all the time, 90's during heat waves, and sometimes 100's during extreme heat waves. Could you imagine going to the beach when it's 102* out with no humidity! Ugh...heaven!!!http://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gif (broken link)http://bestsmileys.com/hyper/2.gif (broken link)http://bestsmileys.com/party/5.gif (broken link)http://bestsmileys.com/party/2.gif (broken link)http://bestsmileys.com/thumbs/5.gif (broken link)

Old 01-21-2008, 07:39 PM

26,429 posts, read 46,607,911 times
Eastern Kansas
Current Temperature 19F
Wind W 22mph
Wind Chill 5F
It is never the cold, but always the wind!

Old 01-21-2008, 08:17 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
Currently in Houston, TX
Cloudy 58°F
Feels Like
58°F
Dew Point: 55°F
Humidity: 91%
Pressure: 30.22 inches
Wind: From the East Southeast at 9 mph

Tonight: Showers this evening becoming less numerous overnight. Thunder possible. Low 57F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

Tomorrow: Cloudy skies. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 69F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

It's supposed to turn cooler by Thursday, I am looking forward to that!

Old 01-21-2008, 09:03 PM

49*, possible rain. Should go down to low 40's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather