Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:13 PM

689 posts, read 2,059,707 times

Advertisements

We live on the Olympic Peninsula, about a mile from the west end of the Hood Canal floating bridge, which connects the Olympic and Kitsap Peninsulas. Skip Bremerton. There's nothing to see unless you love Navy stuff. Stop in Port Townsend, then take the Keystone Ferry (yes, reservations are essential) to go north, the Kingston-Edmonds ferry to go east or the Bainbridge Island Ferry to land in downtown Seattle.

I was about to warn you about the road to Hurricane Ridge but I reread your post and see that you're coming in summer. The road should be rebuilt by then.

Someone mentioned the Lake Quinault Lodge. We haven't been there but our neighbors spent a couple nights out there last month and liked it a lot.

Have a good trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 03:51 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,881,373 times
Is there access to the Olympic National Park and the Quinault Lodge without a car? a bus shuttle or somethin'?

Old 02-04-2010, 09:02 AM

576 posts, read 2,262,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Is there access to the Olympic National Park and the Quinault Lodge without a car? a bus shuttle or somethin'?
Seattle Tours offers a tour through the park: Olympic National Park Tours from Seattle - Private Transportation from Seattle Tours

Otherwise there is no local tour bus service through the park that I'm aware of. The park is popular with bicycle tourists and hikers if that's what you mean by "without a car".

Old 02-05-2010, 04:11 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,881,373 times
To Dendrite : many thanks!
never mind if there is no tour service in the park itself, I plan to hike there next July and camp, stay in a lodge (Quinault?) for a night, it will be awesome!

Old 02-08-2010, 07:48 PM

292 posts, read 1,448,992 times
Also consider Kalaloch Lodge, part of the national park and right on the ocean. It's a much more scenic beach than Ocean Shores and not far from one of my favorite beaches, Ruby Beach.

Do NOT miss the Hall of Mosses Trail in the Hoh Rainforest,
or you'll drive by one of the most unique biospheres on the continent.

Also, stop and stretch your legs at Lake Crescent. I agree with those that question a stop at Bremerton (no offense, Bremertonians, I'm not recommending my town, either). And I do like the idea of taking the Port Townsend ferry to Keystone for Deception Pass and Chuckanut Drive, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington