Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 07:03 PM

2 posts, read 4,725 times

Advertisements

Me and my husband are thinking about moving to walla walla and we just need some info. We are in our mid 20s and want to move somewhere that has a lot to offer, but still has the small town feel. We currently live in a tiny tiny town in east texas and want a change of pace and scenery ( and weather!!!) I was wondering what downtown is like...are there a lot of shops and restaurants?? Can you walk around a lot of the town??? Any info you can give me would be great!!!

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 07:15 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,539,689 times
Wally's a nice town, provided you aren't there at the orders of the court. (So far as I am aware, the WSP operates the last functional gallows in the United States, and the pokey is a major employer.) The town is usually described as kind of quaint, which is fair. It's fairly sedate, friendly, pleasant. College town. Good local ag produce, especially the onions.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:34 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,144,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Wally's a nice town, provided you aren't there at the orders of the court. (So far as I am aware, the WSP operates the last functional gallows in the United States, and the pokey is a major employer.) The town is usually described as kind of quaint, which is fair. It's fairly sedate, friendly, pleasant. College town. Good local ag produce, especially the onions.
WOW! Good ag produce especially onions!!!!

Do you ever drink any wine??

Old 10-01-2009, 08:17 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,539,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post

Be so kind as to correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I checked, wine is made from grapes, which are typically grown in agriculture (rather than, say, picked wild).

Old 10-02-2009, 09:11 AM

2 posts, read 4,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post

Hi,

Are you familiar with Walla Walla, is there anything you can tell me about it?

Thanks

Old 10-02-2009, 09:31 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,241,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clnorrell View Post
Hi,

Thanks
Check the following 2 links...there's been a lot written and very good descriptions given lately...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/washi...onsidered.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/washington/620841-we-moving-walla-walla-wa-area.html

Old 10-02-2009, 10:09 AM

576 posts, read 2,270,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Be so kind as to correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I checked, wine is made from grapes
If they can make potato Vodka, why can't they have onion wine???...

Old 10-02-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendrite View Post
If they can make potato Vodka, why can't they have onion wine???...
Onion wine...hmm might be better than elderberry!! Can I add garlic to it??

For those that do not have a clue about wine. Walla Walla red wines are probably the best red wines in the world at this point in time.

Yeah, I like Walla Walla sweet onions because I can afford them.

Wish I could afford the red wines!!

Old 10-02-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
I use to go there on business trips. It is a very nice town. I would move there except we are well situated in another eastern Washington town.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:01 PM

14 posts, read 101,946 times
Quote:
Me and my husband are thinking about moving to walla walla and we just need some info. We are in our mid 20s and want to move somewhere that has a lot to offer, but still has the small town feel. We currently live in a tiny tiny town in east texas and want a change of pace and scenery ( and weather!!!) I was wondering what downtown is like...are there a lot of shops and restaurants?? Can you walk around a lot of the town??? Any info you can give me would be great!!!

Thanks
We (myself, husband and two boys) just moved to Walla Walla in June from the West side of Washington State. We're in our early thirties and as a family we were not looking for a TON of nightlife, but a small, walkable town with some fun things going on was definitely high on our list of important qualities we were searching for. So far, I have to say we love it. We go out walking/biking all the time and there are lots of fun little shops and restaurants in town. This past Friday night we went down to a local spot where there was a bluegrass jam going on and had a casual dinner/drinks and walked home...lots of people out. In fact, we couldn't get in to several restaurants we wanted to eat at because they were packed full. People here are very friendly. We like the agricultural, hometown roots mixed with the influences of the three local colleges, as well as the burgeoning wine/food industry here. We ourselves are definitely smalltown folk who appreciate the activity and flavor of the city. Yes, I have noticed the town shuts down early at times, but it has more going on than the place from which we moved, so we are very satisfied. Let me know if I can answer any more questions as a newbie! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington