Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2008, 10:34 AM

250 posts, read 335,773 times

Advertisements

Who is hiring for $15+ per hour right now, offering lots of overtime, anywhere in WA... even Portland? State the skill set required. Craigslist is pretty thin, so I am asking you, the people who re actually there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 01:01 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,099,050 times
You might try researching in much more expansive and inclusive resources.
Combined Classified for the two leading newspapers in a large area around Seattle:
Seattle area jobs, employment advice and information | NWjobs
Northern Puget Sound area:
North Sound Classifieds
Around the Olympia area:
Olympia Jobs from theolympian.com, The Olympian and CareerBuilder.com
Around the Portland area:
Oregon and Portland Local Jobs - OregonLive.com

Old 06-07-2008, 10:53 PM

10 posts, read 52,419 times
What are your skills exactly and what are you looking for?

For me ,I know I will have to move somewhere near Tacoma since I am majoring in Crime Scene Investigations,as I already got an internship with the Sheriff Department.Good luck with your job search.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:29 PM

3 posts, read 13,591 times
You can try going on to Regence BlueShield's website and seeing if they are hiring. They have locations in Seattle, Everett, Mt. Vernon and other areas, starting pay is based on what you have to offer, normally no less than 11.50 per hour. You just need to now how to type at least 35 words per minute normally. Fun place to work and meet people.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:02 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,753,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshinspections View Post
Who is hiring for $15+ per hour right now, offering lots of overtime, anywhere in WA... even Portland? State the skill set required. Craigslist is pretty thin, so I am asking you, the people who re actually there!
The Boeing company is hiring engineers. Engineering degree (or currently enrolled in engineering school for interns) is required.

They're also hiring mechanics and techs. No education is necessarily required for those positions. All hiring for mechanics is done through third parties.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:29 AM

215 posts, read 877,666 times
You might want to check the major employers in Tri-Cities. They are hiring like MAD right now and the salaries are on par with Seattle and Portland, yet the cost of living is the lowest in the state. With about 200,000 people, a huge freeway system, and 300+ days of sunshine, all these things add up to a pretty nice deal! The biggest demand is for engineers, scientists, techs, and mechanics. Plus it's only 3 hours to Portland and Seattle, and 2 hours to Spokane, freeway the entire drive to all three cities.

Pacific Northwest National Labs
Fluor
Bechtel
Lockheed Martin
Areva
ConAgra

These are the big employers. There are also a lot of jobs in a very fast-growing healtcare sector...there are three mid-sized hospitals in the area.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:14 AM

109 posts, read 153,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshinspections View Post
Boeing is hiring big time for assembly workers as well. I have quite a few friends who work there and it mandatory overtime on Saturday and two hours overtime each day on the weekday.

You might also want to check out some of the Machinist companies that are subs to Boeing. I heard that Boeing is having so much issues with the foreing subs with QA and delivery time that they are resorting to domestic subs more and more now.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:27 PM

2 posts, read 16,625 times
I am from Chicago and will be completing my internship in January. Currently, I am working as a business/marketing intern with Foulds, Inc. They are in the food industry. Upon completing my internship, I have made plans to relocate to the Seattle area. Any suggestions for a young, ambitious man looking to resume his career in the area?

Old 09-29-2009, 12:12 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,369,447 times
One suggestion is to line up a job before moving.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:57 PM

2 posts, read 16,625 times
Couldn't agree more. I have plenty of time and have already started the hiring process with some companies, but I am always open to suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington