Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2008, 08:42 AM

53 posts, read 157,432 times

Advertisements

i love the rain, and washington is the perfect place for that. i can escape my family w/ a great excuse. COLLEGE! but i don't know how the area down there is. is it a nice area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 10:41 AM

479 posts, read 2,225,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYR13 View Post
i love the rain, and washington is the perfect place for that. i can escape my family w/ a great excuse. COLLEGE! but i don't know how the area down there is. is it a nice area?
Washington State University is located in Eastern Washington. The weather there is quite different than it is in the Seattle area. WSU, located in Pullman Wa., enjoys 4 seasons: Hot in the summer, snow in the winter, lots of year round sun.

Pullman is a nice little college town. It is about two hours away from Spokane.

Here is some more information on Pullman:
Pullman Washington Complete City Guide
The Daily Evergreen Online
Moscow-Pullman Daily News - Dnews.com
https://www.city-data.com/forum/idaho...mparisons.html
https://www.city-data.com/forum/washi...n-wa-like.html
https://www.city-data.com/forum/washi...t-towns-2.html

Old 05-19-2008, 11:56 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,755 posts, read 58,140,793 times
If you like rain then look into WSU - Vancouver, WA Washington State University Vancouver - Vancouver, WA

But depending on your edu choices, don't overlook Western Washington University (Bellingham)

Visit both, we've used each and had a far better edu experience at WWU. Your mileage may vary, I know plenty of successful WSU-V students.

Search this forum for each city to get a flavor of life, Bellingham is really quaint, nice, and stuff is close. You are on the coast, so beach is 5 min away (cold / inland, no waves, but nice kayaking / sailing). WWU is an older well established U in center of town and overlooking Puget Sound. Vancouver Canada is ~ 40 min away, and really nice and fun too (bring a passport). Vancouver, WA is more spread out and suburbia, and WSU-V campus is not central to city, downtown is sleepy. Portland is nearby (20 min) for social diversity, beach (cold / big waves / nice scenery) and mountains are close (1.5 hrs each way). WSU - V is a new campus on northern outskirts of city, more of a 'commuter' facility, but changing to self supporting. Both cities offer great Community Colleges for a cheaper and effective method to enter U and get a more affordable way to gain residency. Private schools don't usually charge "out-of-state" premiums, thus are probably worth looking into.

While you're in the neighborhood, check out the colleges in Portland, OR., Eugene, Corvallis... and Olympia>Seattle.

The private colleges may be a bargain with adequate endowments. I would definitely consider The University of Portland Have heard great things from staff and students. I have found final costs similar to public U. (after grants / and scholarships)

also look into Seattle Pacific University when passing through Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington