Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2021, 12:11 AM

61 posts, read 39,917 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washingto...lemonade-stand

Said one local official: "We're in the fight of our lives here against this scourge, and we're going to win it."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2021, 01:56 PM

1,663 posts, read 876,610 times
This part's nice.
Quote:
KING 5 said that as a reporter interviewed the girl’s grandmother, a "naked man walked out of the woods and into the park."
Too bad that girl doesn't live in Seattle. You can sell anything on public property there, even stolen merchandise.
https://mynorthwest.com/3032314/rant...tolen-seattle/

Old 08-03-2021, 12:09 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,734,101 times
She just needs to sell shake-n-bake meth instead of lemonade and it would probably be allowed. The naked man can be the first customer.

Old 08-03-2021, 02:03 PM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times
No comment about most of it, but I certainly wouldn't take my granddaughter to sell lemonade where homeless men were wandering around naked and people were walking around swinging weapons. . There is a problem with the parenting.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:03 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
Eww Creepy.
Yeah my kids would never allowed to be in those areas.

One another note, I support kids doing things to make money.
My wife and I would help or at least supervise our kids.
We even buy Girl Scout cookies and we don’t even like them.
It’s a sad state of affairs when kids can’t act like kids.

Old 08-08-2021, 02:14 PM

726 posts, read 1,367,917 times
I favor kids learning to sell services like lawn mowing, raking, cleaning stuff, helping out in the garden, walking dogs, newspapers, helping their elderly neighbors, etc.... or selling things they make from things they find/repurpose or pay for with their own money. I personally think this teaches them much more than selling girl scout cookies, not that I'm opposed to them doing that. IMO, American kids have too much given to them without understanding the value of real work.

Additionally, teaching kids the value of volunteering where they really have to give of themselves doesn't seem to be as big a priority now and I think we need to regain that. For example, helping out an elderly neighbor shouldn't ALWAYS mean an expectation of payment.... they need to learn how it feels to really make a difference instead of things just being basically given to them... learning the value of growing their own food or growing food for others in a community garden is another example. Just think we need to work on helping the next generation regain a healthier value system as I think we've lost a lot of that... and I think that's playing a part in why we seem to be in such disarray right now.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:42 PM

5,444 posts, read 7,740,196 times
Quote:
KING 5 reported that Elsa LaMaine, the girl, opened her small stand at a park and sold the usual drinks and flowers alongside her grandmother. Last week, a park ranger at Everett’s Rucker Hill Park and—although polite—told them that they needed to close up shop after a complaint from a neighbor. The city's rule is simple: you cannot sell products on public property.
I would give 10-1 odds that the park ranger just lied and made up that part about a complaint from a neighbor. And was just being an authoritarian jerk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington