Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 12:20 PM

102,228 posts, read 108,040,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
You are expecting the president to sit down at his dining room table and start sewing face masks?
I don't know what you're talking about. I never said that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke;
American companies are gearing up and working overtime to produce medical equipment. No manufacturing fairy is coming by and waving her magic wand to make it happen instantly. It takes time..... and if China doesn't want to send the parts needed, then there isn't much can be done about that.
The President has the power to order industry into action. He declined to use that power, so precious time was lost. Industry finally organized on its own, to begin production, but retooling, hiring workers, etc. takes time, so there won't be new masks, etc until June, they told us.

Furthermore, precious time was lost at the onset of the pandemic issue, after the first case showed up in the US, and a cluster of cases was found in the Seattle area (not nursing-home related). The administration was slow to acknowledge outbreaks pointing to a pandemic, even though he'd been warned of one in advance.

This is what is meant, by "not on board".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2020, 10:33 PM

268 posts, read 366,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I wish people from Seattle would stop coming to the Peninsula and people on the peninsula stop going to the Seattle area, at least until this crisis is over. All the cases of the virus in Clallam county seems to be related with Seattle either people coming or going.
Meaning this both politely and seriously, visitors are not currently welcomed in my area of the Olympic Peninsula. All of the restaurants are closed, so tourists taking a break to nature have to use struggling small stores for food. This is stressing out the employees who don't want to be around tourists (and whoever that person was who just decided he needed a vacation from Sequim). Oh, bad luck to anyone trying finding a place to stay for recreational "essential services".

As for traveling from the Peninsula to Seattle, that's a bad idea too. Most of us aren't interested in the concept in general, but the way the state is setup, one has to go to Seattle / King County to get sophisticated competent medical care. Other than that, there are few other reasons to go to Seattle / King County at this time.

Old 04-05-2020, 12:22 AM

268 posts, read 366,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The President has the power to order industry into action. He declined to use that power, so precious time was lost. Industry finally organized on its own, to begin production, but retooling, hiring workers, etc. takes time, so there won't be new masks, etc until June, they told us.
If your memory serves you well, you'll recall that the President couldn't act much during the political impeachment process.

No references other than his Tweets, but the President quite recently intercepted a shipment of 3M N95 masks shipped from China which were being shipped to Germany. What a pirate!

As you sort of explained yourself, U.S. industries need to retool, and that will take time.

Old 04-05-2020, 11:39 AM

6,252 posts, read 3,421,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
If your memory serves you well, you'll recall that the President couldn't act much during the political impeachment process.

No references other than his Tweets, but the President quite recently intercepted a shipment of 3M N95 masks shipped from China which were being shipped to Germany. What a pirate!

As you sort of explained yourself, U.S. industries need to retool, and that will take time.
Could you provide a link to the above comment?

As far as I know 3M when asked to provide masks told a health official in Florida, in a televised interview, that wouldn't because 3M was only taking cash and when the health official said he was willing to pay cash the 3M official told him they were only taking orders from foreign countries. The President has ever right and did invoke the Stafford act in response to US companies like 3M actions.

Quote:
In response to the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic, President Trump on Friday declared a national emergency under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act of 1988, allowing the federal government through FEMA to take advantage of a $50 billion fund for disaster relief that's rarely been used for disease outbreaks.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattper.../#1246ae161fd3

Old 04-06-2020, 09:46 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,739,374 times
My cousins whole family is positive. Her husband spent several days in the hospital with breathing difficulties but ended up ok and and was released. We're all surprised they got it, she's a SAHM. They have been following the stay home order, and her husband drives a forklift from printed out work orders and has next to nothing for person-to-person interaction.

Old 04-06-2020, 11:06 AM

3,698 posts, read 2,420,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
My cousins whole family is positive. Her husband spent several days in the hospital with breathing difficulties but ended up ok and and was released. We're all surprised they got it, she's a SAHM. They have been following the stay home order, and her husband drives a forklift from printed out work orders and has next to nothing for person-to-person interaction.
What’s a SAHM?

May I ask what town or what county?

Old 04-06-2020, 11:34 AM

6,252 posts, read 3,421,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Agree.

No movement should be allowed except for essential businesses.

I also wouldn't allow people from Jefferson county to come to Clallam county either...four more cases in Jefferson county over the weekend for a total of 25 with two of those cases sent to a Seattle hospital and one death from the Coronavirus after visiting his family in Kirkland.

Clallam county has been lucky so far as only eight stay at home cases and those with either a PT or a Seattle connection.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:51 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,739,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
What’s a SAHM?

May I ask what town or what county?
SAHM=Stay at home mom.
Whatcom county. The stay home order was issued early for us, at only 13 some cases, but it's now turned into ~200.

Old 04-06-2020, 07:38 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,508,898 times
What’s a SAHM?

That's a new one ta me, too. Got it now.

Old 04-06-2020, 08:58 PM

2,913 posts, read 1,362,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Furthermore, precious time was lost at the onset of the pandemic issue, after the first case showed up in the US, and a cluster of cases was found in the Seattle area (not nursing-home related). The administration was slow to acknowledge outbreaks pointing to a pandemic, even though he'd been warned of one in advance.

This is what is meant, by "not on board".
This is a good explanation of how things went down. Thank goodness our governor handled the situation well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
If your memory serves you well, you'll recall that the President couldn't act much during the political impeachment process. ...
The latest lie told to cover up Trump's atrocious handling of the coronavirus epidemic. Here's a timeline for you to straighten out your memory–

Dec 18th - House Impeaches Trump
Jan 8th - First CDC warning
Jan 9th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 14th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 16h - House sends impeachment articles to Senate
Jan 18th - Trump golfs
Jan 19th - Trump golfs
Jan 20th - first case of corona virus in the US, Washington State.
Jan 22nd - “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
Jan 28th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 30th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 1st - Trump golfs
Feb 2nd - “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."
Feb 5th - Senate votes to acquit. Then takes a five-day weekend.
Feb 10th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 12th - Dow Jones closes at an all time high of 29,551.42
Feb 15h - Trump golfs
Feb 19th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 20th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 21st - Trump campaign rally
Feb 24th - “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
Feb 25h - “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
Feb 25h - “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
Feb 26th - “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
Feb 26th - “We're going very substantially down, not up.” Also "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

It goes on and on but you get the idea. The only thing that interfered with Trump's handling of the coronavirus was golfing, campaigning, and his own massive ego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington