Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2015, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 895 times

Advertisements

Hi all!

I am planning a vacation for the end of June for me and my two college-aged kids. My son wants to visit Seattle with hopes of moving to the area after graduation. I would like to extend the visit to 7 or 8 days to include Seattle, Deception Pass ( i hear it is a must), some of the coast around and including Olympic National Park, and possibly a quick jaunt up to Victoria BC. My questions are (since I have never been to Washington state): will 7 days be long enough? what are the must see's for this visit?
Many thanks in advance,
Kristy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 10:28 AM

370 posts, read 1,072,219 times
Hello Kristy,

If you only want to do Victoria, the Olympics,Seattle and Deception Pass. 7 days should be ok but they will long. I suggest going to Port Angeles and do some of the Olympic Peninsula through Forks and Klaloch and coming back to Port Angeles to Victoria on the MV Coho from Victoria you could take the ferry to Anacortes and do deception pass on your way back. The ferries do get full and you may have to tweak your schedule a bit. Hope this helps.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:48 AM

8,091 posts, read 8,455,605 times
I do think that nfdsouza2001's itinerary is doable, but could leave you little or no time to explore Seattle, itself. So, I would suggest doing the Olympic Peninsula, but consider cutting the Victoria trip (or extend your stay).

Olympic Peninsula Loop:

* Day 1: Take the ferry to Bainbridge Island, then drive to Olympic Peninsula. Stay at Lake Crescent Lodge (or Roosevelt Cottages).
* Day 2: Drive to the coast and stay at Kalaloch Lodge.
* Day 3: Return and stay at Port Townsend.
* Day 4: Take the ferry from Port Townsend to Whidbey Island, then drive north to Deception Pass (go down to the beach, don't just view from the bridge). Then drive west and take I-5 south to Seattle. Alternatively, drive south on Whidbey Island and catch the ferry from Clinton to Mukilteo, then drive to Seattle.

Possible side trips: Hurricane Ridge, Rialto Beach (near La Push), and the Hoh Rain Forest. Expect to add a day if visiting Hurricane Ridge or the Hoh, possibly two if visiting both. If visiting Rialto Beach, drop Kalaloch (stay at the Oceanside Resort in La Push).

If you still want to visit Victoria, there are two options: MV Coho ferry from Port Angeles or the Victoria Clipper from Seattle. Add at least one day.

There is lots to see in Seattle, especially if your son wants to explore neighborhoods to live in. I'd figure at least three nights.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:27 PM

6,349 posts, read 3,489,235 times
Remember if you go to Victoria you must have either an enhanced drivers license or a passport/passport ID card.
If you go to the Washington coast or any where near the Rain forest this of the year (even in June) bring an umbrella and maybe some water wings.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:07 AM

370 posts, read 1,072,219 times
Default passport

If you are not from a border states. Your state may not be issuing a enhanced DL. The safest bet is to carry your passport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington