Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 02:18 PM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times

Advertisements

Don't sweat it...hopefully she will move away before you make your move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 05:04 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post

PT hospital is just a glorified health clinic.
In your opinion...

I am going to let it slide... Though I disagree, with you on PT..

----

Jumpingdogs... This forum is not an accurate representation of people in various places... Lots and lots of good local information from good folks... But, many here "soap box" a bit on their own viewpoints...

Your "rebel" independent religious views sound like you will fit in just fine... Matter of fact just read the other day in the Port Townsend leader about a small church group putting all their effort into a backpack full of food program for kids that need it to take home in Chimacum..

Old 05-16-2014, 07:11 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,252,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
In your opinion...

I am going to let it slide... Though I disagree, with you on PT..

----

Jumpingdogs... This forum is not an accurate representation of people in various places... Lots and lots of good local information from good folks... But, many here "soap box" a bit on their own viewpoints...

Your "rebel" independent religious views sound like you will fit in just fine... Matter of fact just read the other day in the Port Townsend leader about a small church group putting all their effort into a backpack full of food program for kids that need it to take home in Chimacum..
Thanks TT. I have noticed a bit of that. Comes with the cyber-territory.

Wonderful!

Old 05-17-2014, 12:38 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,528,249 times
Quote:
Don't sweat it...hopefully she will move away before you make your move.
I have no issues with the OP, my issues are with you and people like you who have indeed made this place suck for me. And I am not moving. So check yourself.

Old 05-17-2014, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisplacesucks View Post
I have no issues with the OP, my issues are with you and people like you who have indeed made this place suck for me. And I am not moving. So check yourself.
Hi this place sucks..

While I admit, your name puts me on the defensive, and I surely do not feel as you do about the people on the Olympic peninsula, I respect your OPINION... Because you do not paint with a broad brush, and clearly say your experiences are wholly your own...... I can respect that...

(Have fun with that boat you find this summer..)

Old 05-17-2014, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpindogs View Post
Yes, this Oconomowoc resident has already been checking out gently loving, non-pushy, Jesus-oriented, Bible-based churches in Sequim where folks actively spread the Gospel by helping others of all faiths (or no faith) and all circumstances with no strings attached as opposed to by their words. :-) I don't have much use for religion but I sure need Jesus!
Here are some examples down the road in eastern Jefferson county...

Irondale church sacrifices benevolent fund to pay woman's PUD bill - Port Townsend & Jefferson County Leader: News

No child left hungry on the weekend, thanks to backpack - Port Townsend & Jefferson County Leader: News

---------

By the way... This "earth child" is part of that statistical majority for the area... With no church involvement.. But I will say, folks with your attitude and the efforts of the folks in the two links, put a smile on my face and lighten my heart.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:52 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,528,249 times
Hi TrueTimbers, thanks for the words, Port Townsend probably would have been more my kind of place. I'm still looking for that boat. Have a good weekend.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:08 AM

1,961 posts, read 2,252,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Here are some examples down the road in eastern Jefferson county...

Irondale church sacrifices benevolent fund to pay woman's PUD bill - Port Townsend & Jefferson County Leader: News

No child left hungry on the weekend, thanks to backpack - Port Townsend & Jefferson County Leader: News

---------

By the way... This "earth child" is part of that statistical majority for the area... With no church involvement.. But I will say, folks with your attitude and the efforts of the folks in the two links, put a smile on my face and lighten my heart.

Loved both articles. Thanks for sharing!

Glad you're smiling.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
The biggest draw back in medical care on the Peninsula is if something like a serious auto wreak or bad heart attack etc. happens you will be transported to usually Harbor View in Seattle usually by helecopter. Can't image the cost of that. That applies to all of Clallam and Jefferson counties. Neither the hospitals in PT or PA can handle serious health issues. Although PA has an excellent ER. In the PT hospital if you are interested in Yoga classes or getting a band aide that the place for you.
You know it gets my goat, when you bash Port Townsend....

SO....
Check this out:
JeffCo EMS units among leaders in pre-hospital cardiac care - Port Townsend & Jefferson County Leader: News

Leaders in the state and in the nation with pre hospital cardiac care...

I know it is a Plus for our EMS... and not directly a measurement of the the hospital... But it bit more than band aides and Yoga are required to get these ROCKING statistics that blow away anything in Sequim or Clallam county...

Old 05-27-2014, 07:53 AM

4,173 posts, read 2,570,349 times
Quote:
With a handle like 'thisplacesucks' you may need a little lecturing? No wonder you are having trouble finding friends.
I'm with you on this rantiquity, especially after this response to you from "this place sucks"...

"I have no issues with the OP, my issues are with you and people like you who have indeed made this place suck for me. And I am not moving. So check yourself."

I gave you a thumbs up for that response from them. Maybe they don't know they are being mean, and running people off (I doubt it though). Then they complain that other people are unfriendly. It's not logical.

Also their earlier post tipped me off when they accused you of "lecturing" them when you were only making suggestions on how to make friends(?) You didn't do anything to them that deserved such a response.

My husband, and I visited the OP in Sept, 2013 for one full week, and we loved it! We went all over, and delt with many types of people including a fun run at a church to benefit a charity, and taking a ferry to Victoria. As well as visiting a different church on sunday, and driving to Neah Bay, and hiking around. We also explored the Spit in Sequim, and picked some wild blackberries near our hotel during a downpour. Plus shopping at various stores. And we got to experience both a "heat wave" for a day, or two, and clouds, and rain. In all that time we only met a couple of crabby teens at a burger king. Everybody else was very pleasant, and friendly. I'm not making this up, lol. We are leaving Colorado this thursday with our rent a truck, and driving to the OP. We are both in our 60's, and we will be dry camping while we look for a rental. So we are putting our money where our mouth is as far as liking the area, and the people. It will be good to have an adventure. ~ Claudia

[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington