Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2007, 08:29 PM

11 posts, read 47,895 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to Whidbey Island from San Diego at the end of summer before school starts. Does anybody know anything about the school districts there? Also, where is the closest CostCo, Target, etc.(I know there is a walmart in OH) Any other tidbits? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 08:50 AM

169 posts, read 764,843 times
Where on the island are you moving? That will make a big difference in my answers. I live on the south end.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:47 PM

11 posts, read 47,895 times
we are looking in the coupeville area

Old 06-29-2007, 08:23 AM

169 posts, read 764,843 times
Coupeville is nice, about ten miles south of Oak Harbor. No Target or Costco on the island. Like you said, there is a Walmart and also a KMart in OH. Coupeville is a small, rural town with one stop light. Are you comfortable moving to such a small town?

Old 06-29-2007, 10:07 AM

633 posts, read 2,541,818 times
does anyone have any pics of whidbey island?

Old 07-02-2007, 01:40 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,465,183 times
Default Photos Coupeville on a website

Came across this website and thought it might interest you. The website is Coupeville photos (http://www.coupevillearts.org/newphotos/index.htm - broken link)

Old 09-14-2012, 10:19 PM

1 posts, read 3,651 times
We are two women, both on fixed incomes, who are thinking of moving to Whidbey Island. I have researched the different towns, but still have questions...
1. Do ferries allow U-Haul trucks?
2. Do you suggest we own a generator?
3. Is it easy to live on the island without a car?
4. Which town gets less rainfall?
5. Which town has the coolest summers?
Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:13 PM

56 posts, read 160,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applechrisp View Post
We are two women, both on fixed incomes, who are thinking of moving to Whidbey Island. I have researched the different towns, but still have questions...
1. Do ferries allow U-Haul trucks?
2. Do you suggest we own a generator?
3. Is it easy to live on the island without a car?
4. Which town gets less rainfall?
5. Which town has the coolest summers?
Any help would be appreciated.

We live on the south end of the island. Where are you moving from? The north, middle and south ends of the island are very different..in my opinion. It depends on "what" you are looking for in your move as to which town, I believe.

Yes, the ferries allow u-hauls. You pay by the foot. As for a generator..depends on where you live on the island. We will typically lose power atleast once a year, but PSE has been much better on trimming the trees, etc. to avoid them being a huge problem. We have a generator..tho. I don't believe you would want to live on the island without a car. There is a bus system..but overall, it is too rural. As for rainfall, I think Coupeville gets the least..but not enough to sway a decision to live there over another town, and I believe the temps are pretty much the same all over the island.

Hope this helps a little...

Old 09-19-2012, 10:05 PM

102 posts, read 96,551 times
I grew up on whidbey. It changed a lot due to being an "ideal retirement community" For the most part living there is like living anywhere else except all of the locals drink and use drugs. If you move their and don't plan on rocking the boat I'm sure you'll be just fine.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:00 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Drink and use drugs...ops normal in America no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington