Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2012, 06:53 PM

6 posts, read 9,466 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My husband and I just moved back to the DC. We live in the Petworth area. DC seemed to be the midpoint between our two jobs. Our lease will be up in January. We do not want to renew our lease. We are ready to plant roots in the DC Metro. My husband works in old town Alexandria, VA. I work in Potomac, MD. (we both have a 30min commute) from our current location. We both work from 8am-4:30pm.

Where would be the best areas for us to look to purchase a home. We would like a minimum of 2 bedrooms. We have a budget of 350k-400k.
We also have a three year old who will need to go to Pre-School soon. We are open to both DCPS and DC Charter schools as long as they are top performing. We are also open to moving outside of DC. However, if we move out of DC we would like our son to be able to go to the local school. We figure this would cut down on the commuting logistics. We do not want to have longer that an 1 hour commute one way with traffic.

Any suggestions? IF you suggest we stay in DC what neighborhoods? If outside what areas?

Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC