Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 07:38 AM

1 posts, read 3,065 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have stats or info on the safety of living in the arboretum area neighborhood in NE DC? I've been trying to call a Crime Analysis Office in DC for weeks and can't get a human on the phone. Also, is there such an office or center to get such info? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 08:33 AM

116 posts, read 212,634 times
Here is a link to the police website's crime reports (http://crimemap.dc.gov/presentation/intro.asp - broken link). Punch in the address that you are looking for and it will give you the data.

Which neighborhood and address are you talking about? There is not really an arboretum neighborhood per se. The arboretum is fairly large and some areas nearby are Ok and some really aren't. Kingman Park and Rosedale to the south are Ok. Trinidad is west of the arboretum, and the southern part of Trinidad is nicer than the northern part.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:44 AM

175 posts, read 287,128 times
I think he's talking about the neighborhood that immediately faces the Arboretum gates

Well theres a police station directly in that neighborhood, however things can get crazy/loud along the Bladensburg rd and NY ave portions because of all the nightclubs in the area and the constant traffic. Some of the streets are deserted at night, so if someones just out lurking then It won't be hard for them to get away with anything.

However if you're talking about the area south of the Aboretum along Maryland ave and 21st street then avoid it.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:48 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,399,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth Asher View Post
I think he's talking about the neighborhood that immediately faces the Arboretum gates

Well theres a police station directly in that neighborhood, however things can get crazy/loud along the Bladensburg rd and NY ave portions because of all the nightclubs in the area and the constant traffic. Some of the streets are deserted at night, so if someones just out lurking then It won't be hard for them to get away with anything.

However if you're talking about the area south of the Aboretum along Maryland ave and 21st street then avoid it.
This map isn't color-coded for Projects?

Old 10-29-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars99 View Post
This map isn't color-coded for Projects?
There aren't any projects on that map....

I was just saying that it can get a lot of foot traffic on the main strips at night because:

A. A lot of hotels and motels in that area

B. A lot nightclubs in the area too (Love, DC star/DC tunnel, and more)

C. NY ave is very busy

D. Police are there, but they don't really do anything, if somethnig big breaks out they'll do something but other than that, nope.

E. You will see prostitution, pimps, drugs, etc that comes along with ^

Kinda reminds me of 14th and K street NW on a friday night, except crazier.

If you drive around that area around day and night, especially on a friday or Saturday you'll what I'm talking about.

But to I will make a color coded map for the southern portions of that area.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
But to I will make a color coded map for the southern portions of that area.
that is not necessary, I don't forsee myself moving there anytime soon

Old 10-29-2010, 10:17 AM

Too late

I won't even begin with Northern Trinidad today....

Old 10-29-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Too late

I won't even begin with Northern Trinidad today....
that was thoughtful of them to put a country club & pizza hut right there for the projects residents 2 enjoy...

Old 10-29-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
that was thoughtful of them to put a country club & pizza hut right there for the projects residents 2 enjoy...
You're a very funny guy

Old 10-29-2010, 12:09 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,733 times
Quote:
Quote:
Stars, when is the last time you were on Benning Road?

How would you know it's the pj's?

I guess living in the pj's you shouldn't have a pizza hut in the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC