Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 08:33 AM

999 posts, read 2,010,921 times

Advertisements

There's a ton of racial and ethnic diversity in the entire metro DC area. The highest concentration of Asian immigrants and Asian-Americans live in Fairfax County in Virginia and Montgomery County in Maryland. Families will opt to settle in the suburbs. You will find more 20-something Asian-American singles living in the District and Arlington, VA.

Fairfax County seems to attract plenty of families of Korean, Vietnamese and Chinese descent. Specific communities have a high concentration of Asian residents and businesses (Falls Church/western Arlington-predominately Vietnamese and Annandale/Fairfax City-predominately Korean).

Montgomery County has pockets of majority Chinese and Korean neighborhoods. There's a growing Chinese immigrant presence in Rockville, MD. I would say MontCo has a greater population of Indians and Pakistanis because of the biotech industry and medical facilities.

The Asian population in the DC region has grown substantially in the past 20 years--not as high as the immigrant Latino population--but very impressive nonetheless. Population growth for whites and blacks have remained flat during the same time frame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 09:23 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,238,797 times
be high status, be tall, be wealthy, and your race won't matter here.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:19 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,073,043 times
Short men with 3 nipples usually do alright when it comes to the DC dating scene

Old 09-21-2010, 12:32 PM

306 posts, read 436,457 times
Default Lucy in the sky

I don't know if this counts for anything but I am in love with Lucy Lui, does anyone have her phone number?

Old 09-21-2010, 12:37 PM

184 posts, read 142,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedoften View Post
I don't know if this counts for anything but I am in love with Lucy Lui, does anyone have her phone number?
Yes.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:24 PM

885 posts, read 1,552,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
be high status, be tall, be wealthy, and your race won't matter here.
How do you define tall in the DC area?

Old 11-08-2010, 05:20 PM

413 posts, read 1,164,896 times
^ Tall for me would be 6'1 to 6'3. Nothing more cuz you'll start looking gangly.

At least this is the height I'm envious of when I walk by a dude and think, "Damn, wish I was this guy!"

Life sucks when ur just average.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:31 PM

885 posts, read 1,552,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis16 View Post
^ Tall for me would be 6'1 to 6'3. Nothing more cuz you'll start looking gangly.

At least this is the height I'm envious of when I walk by a dude and think, "Damn, wish I was this guy!"

How tall are you?

Old 11-08-2010, 07:06 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,713,987 times
Quote:

I don't even think height matters all that much in DC for many women. DC is all about money and status. I have seen some jaw dropping curvy exotic looking beautiful women with short/average height guys walking around the Gallery in downtown DC.

I am 6'1" by the way. I'm not high status by any means, but I am an educated professional. I live in nearby Maryland about 20 minutes outside of DC city limits and it is not hard at all for me to find a woman to go out on casual dates in the District. It is very easy for me to meet new dates at low-key bars, lounges, outdoor festival type events and concerts in DC. I am multiracial and part Asian and it is obvious in my physical appearance to most people so my input isn't mere trolling on this thread. Even though I am attracted to all types of women, I have had the most luck getting dates with Black women in DC. It's probably just because there are more Black women than anything in DC. Regardless, I appreciate the attention to say the least. A lot of Black women who I have met in DC seem to like me a lot because I am different from most DC people in the fact that I am a California native with a different attitude, demeanor, fashion sense and look than what they are used to seeing day in and day out.

My point is that DC is not really a judgemental place and it is actually very cosmopolitan. In terms of the dating scene, in my experience, many women in DC appreciate my uniqueness.

Last edited by goldenchild08; 11-08-2010 at 07:36 PM..

Old 11-09-2010, 08:16 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,546,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycwind View Post
I am asian-american and I was wondering what the dating scene was like in DC for asian americans including east Indians in DC? Specifically inter ethinic dating (dating non asians)? I come from the West Coast which is far more progressive in these matters but wanted to know where DC stands in comparison to Cali or NY.
You'll be fine if you're hot, smart, with a good job. Looks like women -of other races- don't look at Asian guys in that way often though but who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC