Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 01:47 PM

566 posts, read 1,560,745 times

Advertisements

I live in Southwest DC and am looking for a fun, low-key bowling alley (i.e. not Lucky Strike). I saw that there is an AMF bowling alley in Marlow Heights. The sum total of my experience with PG County is eating once at the Outback Steakhouse in Oxon Hill, and while I know that there are some rough areas, I'm not really familiar with Marlow Heights. Does anyone have any experience with this bowling alley? Is it safe and fun, or is it sketchy?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 10:59 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,013,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbed Enthusiasm View Post
I live in Southwest DC and am looking for a fun, low-key bowling alley (i.e. not Lucky Strike). I saw that there is an AMF bowling alley in Marlow Heights. The sum total of my experience with PG County is eating once at the Outback Steakhouse in Oxon Hill, and while I know that there are some rough areas, I'm not really familiar with Marlow Heights. Does anyone have any experience with this bowling alley? Is it safe and fun, or is it sketchy?
I've been there a few times. To be honest the service was kind of ghetto. When me and my friends wanted to go bowling we used to go to Clinton (before it closed), but after that we went to Alexandria across the river. If you have low tolerance for ghetto-ness, don't waste your time going there.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:35 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,236,816 times
Never been to the one in Alexandria nor Marlow Heights (To bowl I mean, I did went into the MH one a couple of years ago and it did look kinda iffy to be honest). I used to love going to the AMF here in Clinton before it closed down back in the day when I was living in Capitol Heights. Nowadays, we usually head up to the one in Waldorf. I really like it, sometimes I just wish that they could have build it closer to St. Charles Town Center lol

Old 04-20-2013, 10:22 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,535,402 times
Everything in and around Marlow Heights is ghetto.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:40 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,013,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Never been to the one in Alexandria nor Marlow Heights (To bowl I mean, I did went into the MH one a couple of years ago and it did look kinda iffy to be honest). I used to love going to the AMF here in Clinton before it closed down back in the day when I was living in Capitol Heights. Nowadays, we usually head up to the one in Waldorf. I really like it, sometimes I just wish that they could have build it closer to St. Charles Town Center lol
Yeah I forgot about Waldorf, but the only issue I have with them, is every time we tried to go there, they were packed and no lanes open.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,914,698 times
No.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:13 AM

434 posts, read 1,120,133 times
It's not a quick drive but with the new 695-395-295 connections it might not be too bad. There is a nice bowling alley in College Park called College Park Lanes that has duckpin bowling and 10 pin. It's also a mile or so form Ikea in case you need anything there.

Hmmm, a nice new bowling alley in the same complex where the new DC Costco is sure would be nice.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:29 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,236,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapper105 View Post
It's not a quick drive but with the new 695-395-295 connections it might not be too bad. There is a nice bowling alley in College Park called College Park Lanes that has duckpin bowling and 10 pin. It's also a mile or so form Ikea in case you need anything there.

Hmmm, a nice new bowling alley in the same complex where the new DC Costco is sure would be nice.
I think a bowling alley in that part of Fort Lincoln would definitely be nice. Especially since my grandmother lives in one of the mostly-senior high-rise apartments that faces the new Costco. We could go bowling whenever me and the fam drop in for a visit.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:29 PM

Location: Ft. Washington/Oxon Hill border, MD (Prince George's County)
321 posts, read 814,036 times
I have been to that one before. It was ok....it wasn't any different than my experience at one we went to in Alexandria. It wasn't awful, it wasn't amazing....I would go back. When I have been in the evening it was mostly lots of well mannered teens bowling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland