Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 11:16 AM

219 posts, read 595,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I saw that this weekend coming from the library on the weekend. I don't think it'll be ghetto, the TGIF nearby isn't ghetto.
Our definition of ghetto may be different...but have u been to TGIF for Happy Hour on Thursday/Friday night??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 11:39 AM

503 posts, read 807,322 times
Quote:
The overhead is probably substantial it's just that the variable net margins are so high that they can absorb the overhead easily. Good point overall though. I was around Route 1 in the College Park area and they have just about everything. The difference between Northern and Southern PG is quite stark.
Of course the 40,000 college students just might have something to with that.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:55 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothGuy View Post
I live in Camp Springs/Suitland and I had to drove all the way out to Ft. Washington just b/c I was in the mood for some Pad Thai the other day. Bangkok Golden is pretty good but wish they would put one at least in Clinton.
I just came back from my lunch break at the Panda Express in Suitland and they are building a Chick Fil A in front of the Giant Hopefully it won't be the ghettoist Chick Fil-A in the DC area LOL
YESSS!!!! Right down the street from my job. My co-workers and I are excited. I usually go to that same Panda Express too. I find the Panda Express and the Giant to be pretty good. Never really got any ghetto service from either. I think Chick Fil-A will be fine there though. For one the Chick Fil A in Steeplechase and the Blvd are pretty good. I like the Steeplechase one better though. It is a huge contrast to some of the other carry outs in the Capitol Heights area. I also will add that Chick Fil A has a really strong customer service system set up. I don't know how they do it, but usually their employees are on point.

I don't know much about that Friday's. Never been there, but Friday's is just a bad idea if you are looking for a decent place to eat. I took my wife to the one in Greenbelt one night and it felt like we were in a club. Those type of restaurants are not on my radar. I also will say that I drove by the Fridays in District Heights one time when it first open and I just so happen to see this woman outside screaming and cussing at the top of her lungs on her cell phone. This is the type of image that people would get if they imagined a restaurant in District Heights so needless to say, that scene didn't give me much hope for that restaurant. How has your experience been there if you've been there?

Old 04-30-2012, 03:21 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
I wouldn't mind it so much if there was some god damned variety in the joints. It's just the same **** over and over: McDonalds, Taco Bell, KFC, Burger King.

Get us some Bojangles. Church's. Sonic for crying out loud!!!! Maybe a Hardees here and there. I don't know, just mix it up a little.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:26 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothGuy View Post
Our definition of ghetto may be different...but have u been to TGIF for Happy Hour on Thursday/Friday night??
LOL, actually I have not been there on those particular nights. Maybe that's why. I've been a couple times on the weekend (Sat & Sun) and I didn't see anything "ghetto" per se.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I wouldn't mind it so much if there was some god damned variety in the joints. It's just the same **** over and over: McDonalds, Taco Bell, KFC, Burger King.

Get us some Bojangles. Church's. Sonic for crying out loud!!!! Maybe a Hardees here and there. I don't know, just mix it up a little.
There are two Bojangles by my way one next to Iverson mall and another one on Oxon Hill Rd. I would describe both places as ghetto to the point I actually fear for the safety of the workers there. Also the stores are filthy.

I must say the though the McDonalds on Oxon Hill Rd maybe the best run McDonalds I've ever been to. You hardly wait in the drive through and the workers are actually polite and it's clean. The owner must run a tight ship.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
YESSS!!!! Right down the street from my job. My co-workers and I are excited. I usually go to that same Panda Express too. I find the Panda Express and the Giant to be pretty good. Never really got any ghetto service from either. I think Chick Fil-A will be fine there though. For one the Chick Fil A in Steeplechase and the Blvd are pretty good. I like the Steeplechase one better though. It is a huge contrast to some of the other carry outs in the Capitol Heights area. I also will add that Chick Fil A has a really strong customer service system set up. I don't know how they do it, but usually their employees are on point.

I don't know much about that Friday's. Never been there, but Friday's is just a bad idea if you are looking for a decent place to eat. I took my wife to the one in Greenbelt one night and it felt like we were in a club. Those type of restaurants are not on my radar. I also will say that I drove by the Fridays in District Heights one time when it first open and I just so happen to see this woman outside screaming and cussing at the top of her lungs on her cell phone. This is the type of image that people would get if they imagined a restaurant in District Heights so needless to say, that scene didn't give me much hope for that restaurant. How has your experience been there if you've been there?
I think that's a national thing now with Friday's I noticed that when I left Rochester a few years ago. They turn them into clubs or something like that on Fridays.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Bowman View Post
Of course the 40,000 college students just might have something to with that.
Maybe I'm referring to the wrong area but where I was at along Route 1 was not in walking distance to the University. It was mostly Hispanic.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:53 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Maybe I'm referring to the wrong area but where I was at along Route 1 was not in walking distance to the University. It was mostly Hispanic.
Sounds like that was either Bladensburg or Riverdale

Old 05-01-2012, 07:58 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,571,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post

I think the TGIFridays in Greenbelt has always been the spot for singles. I think because it was the first in PG? It was there when I was in college I believe over 15 years ago. They have a loyal following. They recently expanded it last year. I recall pro basketball players showing up, etc. At a Fridays! Imagine that! Until more places open up like Busboys and Poets and Carolina Kitchen (smaller but attracts single professionals), the Fridays in Greenbelt will continue to draw a heavy singles crowd. National Harbor drew some away. But for north county, that Fridays is it. lol What's sad is that you have a college town less than 10 minutes away with watering holes and bars that would be practically empty if it weren't for the students. That's not the case in other college towns. You usually have more locals filling in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland