Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Volvo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2008, 12:33 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any experience with this vehicles? I've seen mostly good reviews but 1 or 2 bad ones....
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 12:42 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Anyone have any experience with this vehicles? I've seen mostly good reviews but 1 or 2 bad ones....
Thanks!
We have two of them - His and Hers

Both vehicles have been great. Oh, there were the little "gremlins" initially -mostly related to needing software downloads.

Ride, Comfort, gas mileage have been very fine. Mine is the 3 seater and we have the built in DVD for the Grandkids - they love it. One comment we hear ALL THE TIME is the number of cup holders there are!

The XC90 is easy to drive. The controls are easy to read and reach. The on-board computer is easy to program. We have the Winter package in each which includes the heated seats - which, while not being used all the time, have been a welcome addition on occassion - I highly recommend them.

If there is one drawback - and it's just us - is that the XC90 can only tow some 5,000 lbs. In our case, we needed something that would tow more so we recently got a Ford Expedition which works. But, we love the XC90s'

Old 12-28-2008, 01:00 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
Thanks!
Not worried about the towing (have 1 ton Ford for that) The wife has always liked Volvo products so thinking about upgradeing from the Town and Country . Do you have the V8 ot the inline 6??

Old 12-28-2008, 01:49 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Thanks!
Not worried about the towing (have 1 ton Ford for that) The wife has always liked Volvo products so thinking about upgradeing from the Town and Country . Do you have the V8 ot the inline 6??
Both are 8's w/Turbos

Old 12-28-2008, 02:20 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,868,298 times
I had an XC90 T6 in a four wheel drift at a Volvo driving event for dealership personel. They said shenannigans couldn't be done, the car's awesome AWD system would keep you in line... The instructor was a bit peeved about it. (all of the instructors were either real driving instructors or SCCA pro drivers. However one of the other instructors liked me and they ultimately gave me the best driver award for the day (not hard to win, I suppose, amongst a field of Volvo salesmen lol). Still have the trophy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Volvo