Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2009, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 4,429 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I are currently searching for our first home in the area of Norton, Virginia. We have limited our search to the cities of Norton and Wise for the convenience of our workplaces and the college I am attending. Our family is expanding so we are hoping to find a small house for rent or rent-to-own for less than or the equivalent of $450 a month with at least two bedrooms and one bathroom. We would prefer a single-family house rather than an apartment complex so as not to disturb anyone with our growing family. We DO have a very small kitten that we recently rescued, and we keep her very well maintained. So, if anyone knows of any apartments or houses that meet this criteria, please reply.

Also, if anyone knows of a good single-wide dealership that offers special financing for first time home buyers and/or trailer parks that have lots for sale, that information would also be helpful. However, we would like to use this option as a last resort only. Thanks so much in advance!!!

PS - if you would like to email me, my address is ads2492@email.vccs.edu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 10:59 AM

2,501 posts, read 7,761,744 times
I have a niece and nephew who live in Norton and it is a nice town. Try this website: Rental Property (http://www.wisecountychamber.org/rental_property.htm - broken link) It lists rental companies/agencies and their listings for rent. It looks like none of them accept pets, but maybe if you explain that it is a little kitten, they might make an allowance. I used to rent out property and always said, "no pets" in my ads (even though I am an animal lover and pet owner myself...some aren't responsible pet owners when the property isn't theirs), but sometimes changed my mind based on the circustances. It's worth a try! You might try Pound, VA, which isn't too far from Norton. Some of their rental ads looked like they accept pets. Good luck!
P.S. I admire you for taking in a stray kitten.....I wish there were more people around like you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia