Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 09:05 AM

2 posts, read 3,692 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any experience with a reckless driving by speed charge in Campbell county? I'm a Maryland driver and was caught doing 84 in a 65 (thought i was going slower but speeding none the less) and got my summons for the 46.2.862. I've talked to some lawyers but am not getting a good feeling about getting it reduced. I have no excuses (other than maybe the speedo cal which isn't going to be more than 3 mph off). I have a clean Maryland record and definitely not a habitual speeder if that helps. I assume that conviction of a criminal misdemeanor will affect my job and future mortgage application. Any experiences or information with Campbell county would be great.

On a side note, the crime doesn't seem to fit the potential punishment. Why is Virginia giving criminal misdemeanors to non criminals? I almost feel like a DUI would have been better than reckless driving, at least I'd know what to expect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 04:34 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,263,651 times
You will not even come close to the maximum penalty for reckless driving. Although I am not familiar with this court system I would keep calling until you find an attorney that knows this court system well and gets along with the prosecutors. It will not affect mortgage applications and it rarely interferes with someone's job unless of course you drive something like a big rig. As a retired LEO in VA I also don't like the way RD is written up. Keep calling the local attorneys.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:05 PM

2 posts, read 3,692 times
Thank you for your reply, I feel a little better. I gathered from reading a lot of threads that I won't get the maximum. I don't want the word criminal associated with my name in any way and its bothering me that this is a possibility. Hopefully someone will reply that has info about Campbell county, I can't seem to find anything online.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:58 AM

419 posts, read 903,977 times
A reckless driving conviction will not affect or be noted on the vast majority of job applications and has no bearing on any credit information.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:22 PM

10 posts, read 59,940 times
They like to try and use scare tactics.. Message me if you still need a good atty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia