Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2009, 03:15 PM

352 posts, read 553,928 times

Advertisements

Sup guys,

I have been thinking lately of whether or not I should buy FNR 4; I've heard great reviews about it, but I am still on the fence because of just how good UFC is to play. If anyone has played both games, can you tell me which would be the better one to play and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 07:27 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,939,120 times
Here is my honest perspective:

Positives:

UFC

Great graphics, looks very nice, decent career mode, Easy to learn buttom scheme

Fight Night

Great selection of boxers, and they look good graphically, the addition of Tyson (need I say more) and a very deep career mode (legacy mode)

Now to the negatives....

UFC:

Controls can sometimes get "stuck", which makes the character move stiff nfl 2k like (if you know what I mean). Flash knockouts happen to often, and if you know how to play you can do it anytime

Fight Night:

The biggest issue with fight night I have had, and also the most glaring is the missing face button punching system aka: option 3, this is absurd that EA left this out of the game, they are discussing providing it as DL content, but I will wait, I have not purchased fight night because of this, I can't do it. Some people love TPC, I on the other hand are a casual gamer, which means I don't play games to get the "true" essence of boxing, I play to have fun with my friends. Having other buddies over, and trying to explain to them how to use TPC and get it right takes too long, and in the end, everyone is frustrated, as no matter what, it still comes off as clunky, and odd

TPC has a very steep learning curve, and even then it gets misguided 50% of the time, making you throw a jab when you wanted an uppercut. This is unacceptable in a game where a quick response time is mandatory.

For example, you open a boxer up with two jabs to the body, he drops his guard low to protect, he is prime for a hook or right cross, but TPC makes you throw a jab. Not cool

Fight Night is strictly a rental at this point, and if you want to purchase do so only after playing. UFC is a good game, so if I had to choose one, it would be UFC. However once EA get's there act together, Fight Night could really be a great game.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:21 AM

352 posts, read 553,928 times
Thanks, appreciate the input. I might just go ahead and rent FNR4 for now and at least get a feel for the game and the problems its mechanics may present.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games