Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 01:21 AM

426 posts, read 1,282,413 times

Advertisements

Hope someone can help me. I recently bought a Sega CDX from a guy off of craigslist.Unfortunately it had the wrong cord. Does anyone know where I can get one or one that is compatible?
The one he had with it is for a Genesis 2, but the AC/ DC input and outputs are not right. The cord he gave me works, but the system gets warm. I do not want to risk burning it up.
I have posted on several game forum sites, and checked E-bay. The ones on EBay are all universal ones, again with the wrong AC/DC input output.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 03:46 PM

293 posts, read 893,293 times
Red face Hmmmmmm

Maybe Radioshack may have it, I bought a Sega Genesis adapter from them last year. They didn't have it at stock at first, and they pre-ordered it for me.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:58 PM

7 posts, read 17,270 times
Radioshack is decent, sometimes you can find em on ebay, but by themselves without the system is rather rare.

I suggest specialty game shops that have alot of the older systems is the best place to go, a place near my job called gamedude has every cord ive ever needed, and I have 32 systems....

Old 10-21-2008, 06:18 PM

Default cdx

Thanks lightguy. I already tried gamedude. Also Radioshack, No luck. I found out about gamedude awhile back. They have just about everything. I thought for sure they would have it.
I even tried a place called Saga parts. They had one listed, but when I called they said no, that it had been listed on there for a couple of years They did'nt take it off.
I check Ebay everyday. A regular Genesis plug is really easy to get. There are a few places around here where I live that I need to check out, but, I dount they have it. I have tried them in the past for fairly easy stuff and they did'nt have that. I guess I have to keep searching.
Thanks guys.
Anyone runs into one let me know.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:02 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,304,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathys View Post
Thanks lightguy. I already tried gamedude. Also Radioshack, No luck. I found out about gamedude awhile back. They have just about everything. I thought for sure they would have it.
I even tried a place called Saga parts. They had one listed, but when I called they said no, that it had been listed on there for a couple of years They did'nt take it off.
I check Ebay everyday. A regular Genesis plug is really easy to get. There are a few places around here where I live that I need to check out, but, I dount they have it. I have tried them in the past for fairly easy stuff and they did'nt have that. I guess I have to keep searching.
Thanks guys.
Anyone runs into one let me know.
Kathys..I sure will..You also may want to try a place called "E starland".

Old 10-22-2008, 09:10 PM

Default Sega CDX

Gil3, I tried estarland also. They are selling the same universal plug that everyone else is.It does not have the right volts, wats or amps. I just have to keep looking and calling around. I check EBay everyday.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:24 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,304,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathys View Post
Gil3, I tried estarland also. They are selling the same universal plug that everyone else is.It does not have the right volts, wats or amps. I just have to keep looking and calling around. I check EBay everyday.
Sure thing. I had no idea this particular console was that expensive used, since it was not one that I played or owned. At least with a regular genesis if you needed just a plug you could buy the whole console for $20.

I'm sure one will pop up somewhere.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,221 times
I am also looking for the same adapter. I've been looking on and off for 10 years about. I saw one recently on ebay it went for 15.50. I missed it before the auction ended. Mine got damaged overseas(screwy electric) Ebay has been the only place i've seen one and on top of that it is used. Good luck I would check ebay as often as you can.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:12 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,548,129 times
That's weak. Have you checked back with the guy who sold it to see if he actually has the right cord?

IIRC, the CDX did not sell all too well (I don't recall ever seeing one other than in pictures in gaming magazines like EGM or GamePro). Any chance it uses the same cord as the Sega CD? The one I had years ago that the Genesis piggybacked onto had a second power supply in addition to the Genesis one.

Old 04-05-2009, 01:01 AM

Default Sega CDX

I actually found a version that would work. It is originally for Cam corders. It is made by Sima.
No the Sega CD one is not the right one. One of the Genesis will work.It will work, but the unit gets hot and I did not want to fry the insides.The CDX took more power than either the Genesis or the CD. JVC also made a unit that played the CDs called the XEye. I am not sure if that cord works on it, but that one is just as hard to find.
The guy I bought it from would have probably said he did'nt have it, or the one he gave me was the right one. I know that he knew it was'nt right. He was a gamer, had every system ever made.
The only problem is if I want to resell it, it don't have the original plug.That would make it worth less
I still want an original if anyone has one.

Last edited by kathys; 04-05-2009 at 01:04 AM.. Reason: added
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games