Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2023, 11:21 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

I bought the game Starfield, and made a character. When the game asked me what pronouns I wanted to use, I just rolled my eyes in exasperation. Good grief, even in this???? It's sad that video game producers are feeling forced to either push this onto the public, or feel that they need to bend the knee to the woke mob, or face punishment?

The thing is, the only place I have even seen any reference to pronouns in the game so far, was the character creation process. Inside the game no one even addresses you by your character's pronouns. This is probably because every conversation with your character is in the first person. So no one in the game will call you a he or she. So why put them in the game?? Virtue signaling? Pressure by the woke mob??

As I was researching the game on the internet, going to YouTube or game fan sites, I noticed that there is actually a controversy about the use of pronouns in the game.

‘Starfield’ Gender Controversy: Some Gamers Go Viral—And Face Ridicule—Over Extreme Reactions To Pronouns

While creating a character, players have the option to select their desired pronouns—he/him, she/her or they/them—which can be changed at any time.

The option has provoked anger from some streamers, including HeelvsBabyface (a streamer with 344,000 YouTube subscribers), who went viral on social media for an expletive-filled rant in which he laments that Bethesda Game Studios inserted their “ideology” into “everything we love.”

Comments by people on the web sites and videos that discuss this issue, have seen people comment with statements like: "Why all the fuss, pronouns are no big deal, chill out." These comments were answered with people saying if pronouns don't matter, watch what happens if someone creates a mod to remove the woke pronouns and see what happens. Well, someone did exactly that, made a mod to remove pronouns that do not fit male / female body type.

Nexus Mods Founder Confirms Site Will Delist Any Mods That Remove Pronoun Modifier From Bethesda’s ‘Starfield’

Really? That's their hill to die on?

Nexus mods allows mods that convert game models to show full nudity. They allow mods that put handcuffs in the game so a player can make a sex slave out of any NPC. They have mods which turn NPCs into people with child sized and proportioned bodies, that you can marry and engage in sexual encounters with, etc.. So Nexus allows nudity, bondage, and child brides, but removing pronouns from a game?? That last one will get you banned, and your mod removed. I remind you that no one even refers to your gender in this game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games