Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 06:21 PM

35,063 posts, read 31,284,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
I agree and we have that right now. Everything streams perfectly and I don't mind paying for Sling to get national and local channels. Our big problem is getting the volume control back from our remotes so maybe we're going about it the wrong way. We lost the volume/mute ability when our son attached a DVD player. We removed the DVD player and still don't have the volume/mute back. Maybe a new remote will solve the problem?
That issue is likely solvable within your TV operating system if you have a smart TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2021, 07:37 PM

3,374 posts, read 1,966,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
That issue is likely solvable within your TV operating system if you have a smart TV.
I think you're right. Hubby went back through the entire re-set or start up routine - not sure what it's called but it's where you put in your choice of language and other things. Still no volume/mute function. There's no Troubleshooting in the manual or online for this problem. If there are still tv repairmen out there maybe that will be an option.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:44 PM

4,563 posts, read 5,416,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
I think you're right. Hubby went back through the entire re-set or start up routine - not sure what it's called but it's where you put in your choice of language and other things. Still no volume/mute function. There's no Troubleshooting in the manual or online for this problem. If there are still tv repairmen out there maybe that will be an option.
Are you using the remote that came with the tv? If not, which one? You already said the DVD is not connected. So which remote you are using?

What is the make and model of your TV? Im sure you/we can help you find some tutorials on how to set it up on YouTube or even the manufacturers website.

Old 08-18-2021, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Are you using the remote that came with the tv? If not, which one? You already said the DVD is not connected. So which remote you are using?

What is the make and model of your TV? Im sure you/we can help you find some tutorials on how to set it up on YouTube or even the manufacturers website.
The tv is a recent model Sharp Aquos with all the bells and whistles which are up and running fine. It's just the darn volume/mute that doesn't work from the remotes. We have always had to use two remotes for this tv. One remote is the one that came with the tv and the other one is from Sling. Prior to attaching the DVD player, the volume function was always accessed through the Sling remote. Now neither the Sling remote nor the Sharp remote works for volume control so we have to get up to adjust it.

I was born in the fifties so when I was a kid we didn't even have a color tv (they were around, our family just couldn't afford one) and of course we had to get up to change the few channels that we had.

Old 08-19-2021, 08:54 AM

4,563 posts, read 5,416,094 times
Try this:

"......If the remote control still does not work, reset the remote control by removing the batteries. Then press and hold the POWER BUTTON for 30 seconds."

Or this:

"...Hi there we had same problem so phoned 08456040105 and they told me to press menu button on tv for 10 secs and take batteries out of remote and press power button on remote for 10 secs while batteries are out. it worked for us doing both at same time....good luck"

Old 08-19-2021, 05:00 PM

^^^We tried both suggestions and still no volume function. I ordered a new Sharp Aquos remote from Amazon today. I'll let you know if we have success. Thx for all the replies : )

Old 08-21-2021, 11:58 AM

Good news! The new remote came in today and I synced it to the tv and everything works great - Sling channels, Local Channels, Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, etc. and the most important thing is the mute/volume control works!

My only worry now is when I hook up my DVD player. That's when the loss of volume/mute control happened the last time. So many I'll wait a bit and enjoy my new found ability to mute until I go for the DVD player. Thx again to everyone who replied. I think I repped you all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games