Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 08:33 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times

Advertisements

Cyberpunk 2077’s full map leaked before release along with other bonus content

Quote:
Cyberpunk 2077 fans have just gotten an early, unplanned preview of the game’s map.

Leakers on Reddit and ResetEra (thanks, PC Gamer) shared some of the bonus items that come with the physical edition of the game, including a map of Night City, the dystopian neon metropolis where Cyberpunk takes place.
Also, Cyberpunk 2077 has gone gold! It is finished and ready for production.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2020, 09:03 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,633,857 times
Great news, though it will be releasing the same time as the new Destiny DLC so I'm not sure when I'll get to it....hopefully by Christmas.

Old 10-17-2020, 08:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBTnQCwgx58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG-w7EoU35o

Old 10-18-2020, 02:00 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,492,366 times
There’s going to be another Night Wire episode scheduled to come out before the game’s launch. I wonder what they’ll cover this time.

Old 10-18-2020, 06:00 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,271,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
There’s going to be another Night Wire episode scheduled to come out before the game’s launch. I wonder what they’ll cover this time.
They might want to stop. The more I hear about this game, the more it seems to be just a run of the mill RPG. Instead of hyping me up, its actually demotivating me.

Old 10-18-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
They might want to stop. The more I hear about this game, the more it seems to be just a run of the mill RPG. Instead of hyping me up, its actually demotivating me.
One of the talking points in the past about open world games is how many of them seem to be the same old formula.

But to be honest, I'm really not sure how any game developer (Rockstar, Ubisoft, etc.) can make future open world, RPG games any more different than they are now.

Pretty much all open world RPG games have the same elements. The main mission, the side missions, random encounters and tasks to complete, fetch quests, collect items, etc. I'm pretty sure Cyberpunk 2077 will not be much different. The only thing that really changes in these games is where the setting where the story takes place.

And I'm perfectly okay with that. I don't really know what game developers could do to make such games different from what's been established.

Old 10-18-2020, 11:14 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,271,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
One of the talking points in the past about open world games is how many of them seem to be the same old formula.

But to be honest, I'm really not sure how any game developer (Rockstar, Ubisoft, etc.) can make future open world, RPG games any more different than they are now.

Pretty much all open world RPG games have the same elements. The main mission, the side missions, random encounters and tasks to complete, fetch quests, collect items, etc. I'm pretty sure Cyberpunk 2077 will not be much different. The only thing that really changes in these games is where the setting where the story takes place.

And I'm perfectly okay with that. I don't really know what game developers could do to make such games different from what's been established.
That's what innovation is, and CDPR have had, what, 8 years to innovate. However the only innovation I've heard is progressing the game outside of the main quest line. Which is hardly innovative, and actually discourages me, since I like to take my time, look around discover stuff myself, and do the odd side quest to switch things up. However if sidequests can progress the story, then I might as well just speed run through the main storyline, it adds a lot of friction on pursuing sidequests.

Meh! Whatever. I'll see what the reviews say, maybe wait for the Gen 9 improvements.

Old 10-18-2020, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I’d argue that the game’s selling point is it’s setting. There hasn’t really been an open world rpg that takes place in a cyberpunk environment. Most of the cyberpunk games we’ve had were rather linear or featured limited interactivity.

I don’t expect the game to completely revolutionize the gaming industry as some people seem to believe.

Old 10-18-2020, 09:20 PM

Quote:
That's what innovation is, and CDPR have had, what, 8 years to innovate. However the only innovation I've heard is progressing the game outside of the main quest line. Which is hardly innovative, and actually discourages me, since I like to take my time, look around discover stuff myself, and do the odd side quest to switch things up. However if sidequests can progress the story, then I might as well just speed run through the main storyline, it adds a lot of friction on pursuing sidequests.

Meh! Whatever. I'll see what the reviews say, maybe wait for the Gen 9 improvements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I’d argue that the game’s selling point is it’s setting. There hasn’t really been an open world rpg that takes place in a cyberpunk environment. Most of the cyberpunk games we’ve had were rather linear or featured limited interactivity.

I don’t expect the game to completely revolutionize the gaming industry as some people seem to believe.

This is an honest question, but was there ever an expectation that Cyberpunk 2077 was going to revolutionize the world of open-world, first person (or third person) type videogames?

I ask that because I wasn't aware that CDPR was making Cyberpunk 2077 with such an intent.

The appeal of Cyberpunk 2077 for many gamers like myself was simply because we enjoyed Witcher 3 so much, and eagerly wanted CDPR to make another videogame that would captivate us the same way.

I didn't play Witcher 3 for a while, and only got it because it was on sale at the time. It took a little bit, but after playing for a while I was hooked. And I was hooked precisely because Witcher 3 had all the familiar elements of previous open-world action games I've come to love, the main quest, the side quests, the random character and mission encounters, discovering new areas of the map, so on. I was never into fantasy world type games which is why I overlooked Witcher 3 for so long, but again, once I realized that it had all the same elements of previous open-world games, it was only a matter of time before I became hooked.

I don't expect any innovation from Cyberpunk 2077 in terms of open world gameplay. I'm pretty sure most of the gaming mechanics and storyline we'll find in it has been done in many other such type of games. The crafting, the finding of new areas on the map, collecting items, main/side missions, random encounters, dealing with various factions, etc. This it he bread and butter of open world games. Perhaps there might be a few new ideas or expanding on familiar game designs, but I don't really expect anything radically different. I'm just hoping to experience the same magic I felt in Witcher 3 where the game and story really pulled you into the game.

Old 10-18-2020, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This is an honest question, but was there ever an expectation that Cyberpunk 2077 was going to revolutionize the world of open-world, first person (or third person) type videogames?

I ask that because I wasn't aware that CDPR was making Cyberpunk 2077 with such an intent.

The appeal of Cyberpunk 2077 for many gamers like myself was simply because we enjoyed Witcher 3 so much, and eagerly wanted CDPR to make another videogame that would captivate us the same way.

I didn't play Witcher 3 for a while, and only got it because it was on sale at the time. It took a little bit, but after playing for a while I was hooked. And I was hooked precisely because Witcher 3 had all the familiar elements of previous open-world action games I've come to love, the main quest, the side quests, the random character and mission encounters, discovering new areas of the map, so on. I was never into fantasy world type games which is why I overlooked Witcher 3 for so long, but again, once I realized that it had all the same elements of previous open-world games, it was only a matter of time before I became hooked.

I don't expect any innovation from Cyberpunk 2077 in terms of open world gameplay. I'm pretty sure most of the gaming mechanics and storyline we'll find in it has been done in many other such type of games. The crafting, the finding of new areas on the map, collecting items, main/side missions, random encounters, dealing with various factions, etc. This it he bread and butter of open world games. Perhaps there might be a few new ideas or expanding on familiar game designs, but I don't really expect anything radically different. I'm just hoping to experience the same magic I felt in Witcher 3 where the game and story really pulled you into the game.
I don’t think CDPR is making the game with that intent in mind. It’s more a case of the public putting the company and any of its projects on a pedestal. This is the direct result of the success the Witcher 3 experienced. Prior to that, CDPR was rather niche, though Witcher 2 had already received a fair amount of praise when it came out.

CDPR is sort of like the underdog at this point. They’ve established themselves in a market accustomed to predatory practices that include, overpriced DLC, micro transactions and incomplete campaigns that many big companies (EA, Ubisoft, Activision) have been accused of supporting. CDPR has a good reputation with gamers as they offered a ton of goodies with the standard edition of Witcher 3 as well as multiple pieces of free content. How that will play out in the future remains to be seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games