Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 02:38 AM

239 posts, read 618,485 times

Advertisements

Ok, so Im playing Deus Ex Human Revolution (Xbox360)
I know I'm not a pro at games, but I cant be THIS bad. I cant even hack some level 1 systems. Also I keep running out of ammo.

I have it on the easiest setting. Anyone else play this game? Can you help an old dog learn new tricks? I have been playing for about 4 days and I am still in the FEMA warehouse, LOL...HELP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 08:13 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,970,327 times
Deus Ex is one of those games that can really be a pain in the ass if you dont know what you are doin. I remember the original, it took me prolly 20 times to get past the first level... after that I knew how the game worked and the rest was a breeze.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:33 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,736,998 times
Hmm, you're definitely doing something wrong. You do know not everyone is your enemy ?:P
Seriously though, hacking shouldn't be a problem as long as you know what you're doing, I remember I was a bit confused with it at start too - look up a youtube tutorial on hacking, I'm sure there is one and it will help you immensely. As for ammo .. well, this isn't exactly a shooter, at least not until you get the 2 arms upgrades that stabilize your aim - game changes a bit to something like CoD, as in the shooting is that easy and accurate. Until then though, I focused on exploration, silent kills and some stealth and never had any serious ammo problems. Then again I was playing on the PC, getting headshots using a mouse is very simple ...
Yac.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:22 AM

Thanks so much for the replies. I FINALLY got out of the FEMA level and now am in China. OMG I srsly think this game is just too hard for me LOL. I have hacking to lev 3, but I cant even hack lev 2 stuff. Access Denied so fast! So mad cuz this game looks really sweet and the parts I have been able to play have been great.
I did watch the youtube hacking tutorial, thank you for that. I feel like I understand it better now, but still dont have enough time to get to all the nodes (or whatever)

Hey, I'm 50, been gaming less than a year...guess I need to stick to pacman hahaha

Old 07-25-2013, 12:43 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,736,998 times
You can always decrease the difficulty setting, can you ? Remember games are supposed to entertain you, not make you angry!
Since you're playing on the xbox, and judging by what you post, I assume the problem is because of the controller - it takes some time to master it, I know pc gamers half your age that won't touch a console controller as they have trouble with for example hitting anything. All I can say it takes time to get used to but it's perfectly doable! I was one of those "mouse + keyboard" gamers for many years, but a couple of years ago I bought an xbox360 controller for my pc and I don't regret it one bit.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:14 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,848,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac
I was one of those "mouse + keyboard" gamers for many years, but a couple of years ago I bought an xbox360 controller for my pc and I don't regret it one bit.
I'm a huge mouse + keyboard fan, a lot of people roll their eyes when I say I play all my games like that. I'm responding to this quote though because I bought a xbox 360 controller for my rig and it should be here before Aug 1st. I'll let you know if I like it or not. I'm sure it'll make Euro Truck Sim a whole lot easier! I ended up jack-knifing my semi on a highway because I lost control, my employer gladly paid the damage cost (???) hahaha sucker!

Old 07-26-2013, 03:17 PM

Im actually pretty good with the controller. it took me a little while, but endless hours of Far Cry games have helped :-)

I restarted the game and made sure I hack everything, not using any cheats,,,getting easier as I go along. Im def getting my moneys worth with this one, taking forever to play!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games