Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 12:35 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,825,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
I recommend everyone watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov3B26h12C4

I can't believe someone linked this garbage. Trust me do not get your opinions on this game from this review. I've been playing since early access and he doesn't really give the game a fair review at all. I watched about 15 minutes of it before I had to turn it off with complete disgust the video in general comes across as extremely juvenile. Some of the things he says in the video aren't even really true and I really don't think he even really played the game that much.

All in all I give the game around a 8 out of 10. I've been a MMO'er for a long time and I know a stinky review when I see one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 12:41 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,825,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
It's just as I said, charging $60 for this PLUS a $15 sub fee in this day an age for an MMO is absolutely ludicrous! They either should have charged it at it's current price and have it F2P or made it $29.99 MAX if they wanted a sub fee. However, they seemed to have thought based on the name alone they could get away with what they did...lol sorry, but unless you have the content/name such as World of Warcraft in 2014 forget any kind of sub fee! $100 bucks this goes F2P 6 months to a year.
Wildstar is going to have a sub fee as well..most free to play games are cheap games. There's only a few rare exceptions. I haven't seen one person in ESO say they are cancelling and I know a lot of people in the game already. I'm in 5 large guilds.

ESO is one of the best MMO's out now easily.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:27 PM

1,515 posts, read 2,284,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I can't believe someone linked this garbage. Trust me do not get your opinions on this game from this review. I've been playing since early access and he doesn't really give the game a fair review at all. I watched about 15 minutes of it before I had to turn it off with complete disgust the video in general comes across as extremely juvenile. Some of the things he says in the video aren't even really true and I really don't think he even really played the game that much.

All in all I give the game around a 8 out of 10. I've been a MMO'er for a long time and I know a stinky review when I see one.
I think some of his points are valid but agree that he comes across as extremely juvenile. Not sure why some of these reviewers need to be so foul mouthed. I can cuss like a sailor but don't feel the need to excessively use foul language. His little lackey's in the background sound like morons. He must have played to level 15ish or so since I just did a few quests he mocked in his video.

Look, ESO isn't a perfect game. Just finished reading the road ahead and looks like they are adding in some pretty cool stuff. I'm also happy that they cracked down on bots. Haven't seen a bot in awhile. ESO certainly has it's growing pains but certainly doesn't deserve the amount of hatred I've seen on the various gaming sites.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:55 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,588,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Wildstar is going to have a sub fee as well..most free to play games are cheap games. There's only a few rare exceptions. I haven't seen one person in ESO say they are cancelling and I know a lot of people in the game already. I'm in 5 large guilds.

ESO is one of the best MMO's out now easily.
Elaborate. What makes ESO, at $60 with a $15/month subscription plus $20 to access all races, a mount, and the ability to choose your faction good in terms of what constitutes an MMORPG? At least Blizzard gave me a free month when I purchased wow for the first time. You can't even use the entire free month because they'll disable your account if you haven't set up a subscription. They need pre-authorization to your credit card.

If you don't have a credit card, you have to buy game time during your free month or you won't be able to access the game any longer.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:33 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,853,421 times
On May 2, they sent me an email saying they applied a code for 5 more free days of play. Kind of threw me off guard but I do appreciate it. I think that I went into ESO expecting too much, but I'm not going to just throw away the game and walk away. I expect that I'll be playing when the weather turns cold. I just don't have a use for a pay-to-play game when it's so beautiful outside. I just hope I can login with better thoughts
I loved beta but for some reason I lost interest on that final beta and the release.

I have a monkey pet so I got that going for me.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:12 AM

5 posts, read 4,091 times
It is not by far the best experience I have had with an MMO, but I grinded away for years on EQ and never got to end game content. I guess my pace fits ESO and thus why I enjoy it enough to sub for three months. The bugs, bots, etc dont really bother me because I play with a close group of friends and we just enjoy what they are trying to do. If CS doesnt improve, though, it will be an even tougher climb for them.

Regards
puffhuffer

Old 05-10-2014, 07:51 AM

2,773 posts, read 3,786,627 times
I watched the review from the Angryjoe show. Most of what he talks about are just new MMO bugs that do and will be ironed out soon. One thing however caught my attention. Are players really granted a measly 1 gold after kills? And are horses really something like 17,000 gold?! Because if this is true, that is absurdly INSANE!

Old 05-13-2014, 07:28 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,853,421 times
If you think about it though, horses *should* be expensive or else everyone would have one. However, if the 1 gold drops still exist (which I'm guessing it should vary by now), it would be insane to even think about trying for a horse.

You can, oddly enough, buy a horse from their marketplace I believe. $20 or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games