Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 08:17 PM

79 posts, read 314,734 times

Advertisements

I'm not a huge fan of Rutland City for several reasons, however I do live here and am proud of the neighborhood I live in in the city. I live in the Northeast section of town. Take a drive up North St. Ext and all the neighborhoods in that section of town and tell me that this is not a nice area to live in. I absolutely LOVE where I live, I can walk the loop and my kids can play without worrying about getting run over.

Not all of Rutland City is apartment houses or run down homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 02:02 PM

102 posts, read 313,777 times
I have lived my entire life in Rutland County and have friends and family in nearly every town mentioned above. Each and every town has some merit (or people would not buy homes and live there!). We have good friends who have a lovely home in West Rutland, in the neighborhood of the Catholic Church, up on the hill. They have restored an older home and would never dream of living elsewhere. Other friends, a young recently-married couple, just bought a house in a small development off Rt. 133. They love it there and could have bought in any town, but chose West Rutland. A family member of mine has a wonderful home on a large lot in the northwest section of Rutland City. They have lived there for 40 years. The street is wide, they have a babbling brook in their backyard and wonderful neighbors. Each town has its own merits. Depends on what you are looking for. If you want a "Northern Exposure" type of town, you might like Tinmouth. If you want a large town with a supermarket and sidewalks, you might like Poultney, Castleton or Fair Haven. To really get the feel for an area, you must visit. Walk the sidewalks, talk to the town clerk, visit the school and get a feel for that town. If your husband must commute to work, his daily drive in winter is something to consider with care. If he works in Rutland City, he may or may not be willing to commute from some of the outlying towns. People love "their" town.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:15 PM

2 posts, read 2,262 times
I live in Denver Colorado right now, in two years I will have enough to move to Rutland, Vermont. I am
"going country" I have read many responses to the Rutland Vermont living areas. We are seriously considering living in Brandon. We are both very artistic, and would like to live among artistic people. So Brandon fits the bill. Although our Mother and Father live in Rutland. But it's only 20 minutes away so that's not bad. I have been in Rutland four times now. And really like the people. It is a very plain town, and has rough spots, but to me just living in the East, and experiencing the seasons, and the wonderful, long, cold winters. Finally there will be snow all the time in winter; not sporadic. Well today I need to know about how much utilities would be per month for a four bedroom two bath house. Oil, electric, the works. I am on fixed income. Very rarely are there homes with 2 beds/2 bath available in the 170's,160's price range. But we need a larger, cheaper home when we get there. So if anyone out there knows a ball park figure for utilities, or just plain cost of living monthly in the Rutland,
Brandon area I would certainly like to hear from you today. I am thrilled with the move. Answer soon. Thank you so much. Nancy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont