Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 02:51 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,393,068 times

Advertisements

I've met Bernie many times because of my work and because he comes to my area occasionally for community dinners. On the plus side, it's evident that he really cares for the people he represents and he truly is concerned about the needs/concerns of the average Joe.

On the negative side, he's so far left of center it's hard for him to accomplish much in D.C. Can anyone think of a bill that he actually wrote and had passed into law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 03:00 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,308,710 times
Guys-thanks for keeping this on topic AND civil. Thats what I like about the Vermont board. If this thread does start to stray though, I'll have to close it and the discussion can move to the politics board.
Thanks and carry on now

Old 11-10-2012, 08:00 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,853,181 times
I think Bernie Sanders has an extremely high level of integrity proven by the fact the large % of Vermonters, like myself, who continue to vote him back into office. You have a right to your opinion, an opinion IMHO motivated by misinformation and probably by the fact he is originally from New York.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:51 PM

325 posts, read 709,109 times
He has personally helped me, so I am impressed with him.

On the other side, how can he have his beliefs in a state that most people now cannot afford to live in?

Old 11-17-2012, 07:28 PM

11,766 posts, read 14,733,648 times
To the OP: You're welcome. I couldn't count the number of times I've heard people from other states tell me that they wish Bernie were their senator.

We truly have the best congressional delegation in the country.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:48 AM

11,766 posts, read 14,733,648 times
Conservatives like to paint Bernie, President Obama, John Kerry, or other affluent Democrats as hypocritical simply because of their wealth.

This is based on what I can only think is an intentional distortion of liberal Democratic values. Democratic values and policies have nothing to do with hatred of the wealthy, and everything to do with the position that everyone, including the rich, has an obligation to support the public institutions and activities that make a successful society possible.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:52 AM

662 posts, read 1,265,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
To the OP: You're welcome. I couldn't count the number of times I've heard people from other states tell me that they wish Bernie were their senator.

We truly have the best congressional delegation in the country.

For many years I disagreed with what you wrote but in the last 10 years I do see that without the
congressional delegation we have we would really be a backwater state.

Thank you America!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont