Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2007, 11:34 PM

29 posts, read 105,423 times

Advertisements

My family and I have been looking for apartments and townhoues to move to after our lease expires in December. There is this 1 townhouse that we visted and we love it, but its on Neals Lane in Vancouver. My mom and I have heard things like that street is unsafe and theres gang activiity and shootings and other crimes. And that the polie visit somewhere on the street on a daily basis. I was just wonderng if anyone knows any more about that street?

When I visited there, It did not seem like a scary neiberhood. we talk to some other residents at the complex who had been there for a while, as well as the land lord/ owner, and they say that it has been fine living there. I've seen kids walking up and door the street and even familes with kids live at the townhoses place we are looking at. Does anyone know anything or heard anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 12:25 AM

3,990 posts, read 5,185,839 times
Neals Lane is in a rougher part of town, there is a lot of gang activity in the area. Last week, a person was shot in Evergreen Park two blocks from Neals Lane. The cops are always patrolling the area trying to keep things mellow, especially at night.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:52 AM

What was the motive behind the shooting ? Was it covered in the news?
Any idea what some of the reasons for cops to be called to that street daily? Seems like an awful lot of calls for one short street. Domestic Violance? robberies ? shootings? The residents seem friendly at the complex there.

Do you live near neals lane?

Would you consider Neals Lane unsafe or unfit to live at?

Old 09-19-2007, 09:20 AM

3,990 posts, read 5,185,839 times
The cops figure it was a gang related shooting. There are a few gangs in that area. The news did a quick piece about it.
The area is a lower income area with a lot of minorities, so there is a lot of petty crime like car breakins and thefts. The fights and shootings seem to stay with the gang members.

Unsafe? It's probably safe as long as you stay out of the gang crap that goes on, but your car may lose a window or two during the time you live there.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:30 PM

anyone else ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area