Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2008, 07:59 AM

153 posts, read 563,716 times

Advertisements

Hey, does anyone know what the pet law/leash law is for Springville or Utah County, as well as any law, if any, that states an owner is responsible for the removal of their dogs doodoo on other people's property?

I'm tired of a neighbors dog pooping on my yard and I've exhausted all other means (talking to them over and over again and they are rude and wont cooperate) and now I'm heading to the City and/or County. But I want to have info before I do that, if it's available, cause I cant find it.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 11:53 AM

48 posts, read 192,878 times
Most cities have laws governing this problem. If you visit the Springville City website (Springville City Code) you will see that Title 3 Public Safety - Chapter 7 of the city minicipal code covers all aspects of Animal Control. Specifically regulation 3-7-113 covers sanitation issues: "It shall be unlawful for any person to allow an animal owned by or in the control of that person to defecate or urinate upon private property not owned or in control of that person." If you feel you have exhausted the personal approach you should call the city animal control officer and discuss the situation with them. They will probably speak to the owners, make them aware of the rules and either issue them a warning or a fine. Unfortunately (since you have personally complained to your neighbors) it's likely that they will deduce the "complaint" came from you which may aggravate relations with your neighbors. It's unfortunate that some people aren't at all considerate of how their laziness impacts others.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:38 PM

Thank you!!

Yes, I'm sure they will assume it's us and that's okay. I've talked to them probably 7-8 times and nothing is changing, I've even contacted the landlord (we rent our homes). We dont have any relationship with them, we dont associate with each other at all, so there's nothing to lose.

I've gotten to the point where I have to laugh it off because getting angry isnt helping me sanity. This morning, I am pulling out of my driveway at 6am, and all of the sudden there's a big dark hairy animal next to my car...completely scared me! and they say they never let the dog out unattended . If they werent such liars, I could have a bit more understanding, but not much, there's no excuse for dog mess in my yard. But I pulled back in, watched the dog, now on my yard and conveniently their garage door opens and in goes the dog. THEN I see a head poke out from the porch, like they're doing it on PURPOSE! Well 2 can play that game...i'll purposely call the animal control on them....take that!

Old 11-13-2008, 03:39 PM

550 posts, read 2,168,353 times
Be sure to update us on the status of how things go; right now this story is highly interesting to me

Old 11-14-2008, 07:17 AM

I called animal control/police station and talked to the receptionist and she took some info and then a couple of minutes later an officer called and took more info and said he'll make a visit in the morning (this morning). I know with my luck, they wont be home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: