Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 11:14 PM

26 posts, read 44,201 times

Advertisements

That's my question & I'd truly love some genuine answers!

What are the SURVIVAL RATES for NON LDS in Manila???

My husband and I are church going Christ followers...but not Mormon.
We've heard Manila is like 99.9% Mormon.

Don't need or want to be visited by the teams of 2...we're happy with our Faith in Jesus Christ as it is and as it improved daily.

Answers ideas suggestions Please!

Thanks...us2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 11:16 PM

26 posts, read 44,201 times
Also, we know there's another small church there of about 6 folks...but really...why the inundating???

Old 05-29-2013, 07:38 AM

4 posts, read 10,948 times
Default An overreaction

Hi .
Honestly, I think you may be one of the many non-Mormon people considering a move to Utah that overreacts to the "Mormon thing" before you even live here. There are many churches that proselytize door-to-door for their religion, not just Mormons. (Jehova's Witnesses, for example). If missionaries come to your door, just simply be polite and say you are not interested, and they will leave you alone. Nobody is going to drag you into the street and force you at gunpoint to convert!
That being said, Utah is just like anyplace else in the country where there are super-friendly people AND rude people. It has nothing to do with religion. I find that if you are friendly and considerate to others, you will get the same in return. If you are confrontational and defensive off the bat, your experience in Utah may be unpleasant. EVERYONE appreciates a kind neighbor.
You will need to move here with an open mind, and if you can't do that....perhaps you should live somewhere else. (But avoid the "Bible Belt" since they also proselytize for their churches).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah