Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 03:40 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,776,341 times

Advertisements

LONDON — Emergency plans are being drawn up to remove Prince Harry from serving on the front line in Afghanistan with the British Army after news leaked that he was calling in airstrikes on Taliban positions and going out on foot patrols, according to a report in the Times of London.

FOXNews.com - Report: Prince Harry to Be Removed From Front Lines in Afghanistan - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 03:51 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,241,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
LONDON — Emergency plans are being drawn up to remove Prince Harry from serving on the front line in Afghanistan with the British Army after news leaked that he was calling in airstrikes on Taliban positions and going out on foot patrols, according to a report in the Times of London.

FOXNews.com - Report: Prince Harry to Be Removed From Front Lines in Afghanistan - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News
I was watching the reports about this on TV last night and couldn't help but be furious about the irresponsible nature of the press who reported this [allegedly an Australian magazine printed it and part of the American press picked it up.] I know they want to print news that they think will sell, but putting people's lives at risk? (not just Prince Harry, everyone serving with him.) Whose side are they on??

I don't know how those people sleep at night, I honestly don't. They should be sent to the front line and disguised as Prince Harry...

Last edited by RH1; 02-29-2008 at 04:05 AM..

Old 02-29-2008, 05:15 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,699,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH1 View Post
I was watching the reports about this on TV last night and couldn't help but be furious about the irresponsible nature of the press who reported this [allegedly an Australian magazine printed it and part of the American press picked it up.] I know they want to print news that they think will sell, but putting people's lives at risk? (not just Prince Harry, everyone serving with him.) Whose side are they on??

I don't know how those people sleep at night, I honestly don't. They should be sent to the front line and disguised as Prince Harry...

I agree, it puts everyone in Jeopardy. But whatever sells seems to be the order of the day for some journalists and to hell with the consequences.
It's irresponsible.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:17 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,262,630 times
Yes, but if Harry couldn't even notice the camera crew following him around filming, or the photographers taking those wonderful pictures, then maybe he was already putting himself and others at risk?

Old 02-29-2008, 07:28 AM

3,531 posts, read 2,607,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
Yes, but if Harry couldn't even notice the camera crew following him around filming, or the photographers taking those wonderful pictures, then maybe he was already putting himself and others at risk?
Yes,,,,We know,,,,,It was all a PR stunt....

Old 02-29-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post
Yes,,,,We know,,,,,It was all a PR stunt....

No no, all of the Royal's countless PR agents had nothing at all to do with it

Old 02-29-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
No no, all of the Royal's countless PR agents had nothing at all to do with it
Glad you`ve realised. Odd that,,, Never took you for a Monarchist..

Pretty obvious when you think about it though..Putting your life on the line for the last 10 weeks just to get your face in the paper.. Who on earth could think that???

Old 02-29-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post
Glad you`ve realised. Odd that,,, Never took you for a Monarchist..

Pretty obvious when you think about it though..Putting your life on the line for the last 10 weeks just to get your face in the paper.. Who on earth could think that???

Your very gullible if you believe that Harry has been putting is 'life on the line' for the last 10 weeks! The saying "he who controls the media controls the mind" kinda comes to mine when I read your posts

Old 02-29-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Your very gullible if you believe that Harry has been putting is 'life on the line' for the last 10 weeks! The saying "he who controls the media controls the mind" kinda comes to mine when I read your posts
So it was just a `jolly jaunt` with some Gurkha actors for the sake of the cameras then?? Gullibility has never been a problem for me as I always check my facts. Something the paranoid should maybe do a little more of...
I`m just popping over to the other thread now to check on the link you have left me proving your comment of ``Accompanied the WHOLE time by cameras``. You did check your facts and can prove it,,,Didn`t You??

I`ve just checked, and that`s your proof is it,,,You said ``Whole Time``as if you`re saying they were making a documentary,, tut tut very misleading .
They are simply standard news reports. I ask again, Show me proof of ten weeks of ``Whole time`` coverage..I think the term is ``Put up, or,,,,,,,``

Last edited by LINCOLNSHIRE; 02-29-2008 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: add

Old 02-29-2008, 10:27 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,784,488 times
How about either taking the personal feud to DM, or, better yet, agreeing to disagree and dropping it?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom