Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 01:30 PM

5 posts, read 6,643 times

Advertisements

i don't understand why skeptics don't recreate paterson/gimlin film exactly w/ technology available to peterson/gimlin way back when. if it's a hoax how did they do it?

ofc now in 2014 it's easy to come up with very good bigfoot costumes like messing w/ squatch

also
fav bigfoot show

choices
finding bigfoot
monsterquest
$10 million bigfoot bounty
(upcoming) killing bigfoot
messing w/ squatch beef jerky commerical

(add your own)

there are shows for ghosts like a haunting and paranormal witness, and shows for ufo like close encounters but no shows to recreate bigfoot except maybe finding bigfoot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 03:24 PM

113 posts, read 113,898 times
I think that is a great idea.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:44 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnott View Post
i don't understand why skeptics don't recreate paterson/gimlin film exactly w/ technology available to peterson/gimlin way back when. if it's a hoax how did they do it?

ofc now in 2014 it's easy to come up with very good bigfoot costumes like messing w/ squatch

also
fav bigfoot show

choices
finding bigfoot
monsterquest
$10 million bigfoot bounty
(upcoming) killing bigfoot
messing w/ squatch beef jerky commerical

(add your own)

there are shows for ghosts like a haunting and paranormal witness, and shows for ufo like close encounters but no shows to recreate bigfoot except maybe finding bigfoot
Once you tart investigating the whole thing you begin to realize that these guys told a bunch of lies to cover up the shooting of other BF's. Patty is real or was before being shot.
These guys supposedly shot the film ob a Friday afternoon and were in British Columbia the next Monday with the film clips. They were out in the woods and the film developer didn't have time to develop it.
Go to YOUTUBE and look for the name MK DAVIS.He is an expert on the whole shebang. He has quite a few analytical videos on it.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:13 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,536,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Go to YOUTUBE and look for the name MK DAVIS.He is an expert on the whole shebang. He has quite a few analytical videos on it.
Yes, M K Davis has probably studied the Patterson/Gimlin film more than anyone else, living or dead. His youtubes analyzing it are fascinating.
Long story short, the film itself holds up perfectly under scrutiny and appears to be authentic, but the "story" told by Patterson/Gimlin about it has holes.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:23 PM

I think it was MK Davis that has determined that several Bf's were shot that day or before. Some call it a massacre and think that the cover up was initiated after they skinned one and thought WHAT HAVE WE DONE? So human like after they skinned it.

Watch this show. These are the real guys and not hoaxers or in it for the money.

October 24, 9 PM CST...Destination America...this may or may not be set in stone but remember the date and time...you will not be disappointed... KILLING BIGFOOT.

M.K. DAVIS on the radio tonight.

Inspired By Bigfoot! » Bigfoot Sightings, Reports, Stories and More ... Hosted By Bill Lee

Old 10-01-2014, 07:40 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,536,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I missed it last night but it's in the archives so I listened today. Great show. But I'm not sure it would make a lot of sense to anyone who hasn't seen Davis's you tubes analyzing the P/G film. Since I've watched most of them, I could visualize the various images they were referencing.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:54 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,232,757 times
I was skeptical until I opened my mind and then questioned, if it was/is a hoax, over 45 yrs ago, why would they have a costume with breasts and some muscle hanging out of the thigh

a Hollywood special effects expert said he certainly believes it, because back in the late 60's they just didn't have ape suits like that

probly half the sightings or eye witness encounters don't get reported because the witness's don't want to be ridiculed, or want to keep their privacy

Old 10-07-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I was skeptical until I opened my mind and then questioned, if it was/is a hoax, over 45 yrs ago, why would they have a costume with breasts and some muscle hanging out of the thigh

a Hollywood special effects expert said he certainly believes it, because back in the late 60's they just didn't have ape suits like that

probly half the sightings or eye witness encounters don't get reported because the witness's don't want to be ridiculed, or want to keep their privacy

IRRC There was at one time a $50k prize for anyone hat could reproduce a suit using the technology at that time. No one has collected the prize.

probly half the sightings or eye witness encounters don't get reported because the witness's don't want to be ridiculed, or want to keep their privacy[/quote]

Exactly. Just as here on this forum you post any info and all the junior detectives start tearing it apart and calling it hoaxed etc.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:59 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,639,013 times
Quote:
Really? Who was the "expert" that said that? Evidently no one told the Hollywood special effects costume designers who created the man-ape suits for Stanley Kubrick's classic 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968).

http://cinetropolis.net/interview-da...s-moonwatcher/

Old 10-07-2014, 07:57 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,524,634 times
What if they're moobs?

Seriously, though - I've always thought that these "breasts" were a convenient way of sensationalizing this even more that it would have had whatever it is was a "male".

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal