Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 09:29 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,831,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Well, sorry, I disagree. I still see two kids in this photo. I do not see a "ghost" in this photo...besides, if anything was to be considered ghostly looking, it would be the girl, not the boy. And, apparently, that girl is very much alive so, that's out.

It just looks like a boy standing behind her, wearing a dark shirt. We can't see anything else because of the light from the sparkler, the smoke, and the really poor quality of the image. That is not a ghost.

And yes, to the naysayers of the naysayers, I do happen to have an open mind. Just because I don't believe that everything I see is "proof" doesn't mean I have a closed mind.
Well, at least we can agree it's not a ghost.

Anyway, this thread is a good example of why the majority see the paranormal as the town of kook-ville. There is mountains of stuff like this that is demonstrably not legit, and the hard believers simply won't take their blinders off... just like the the hard skeptics, strangely enough.

So if any of you want to keep believing this is a ghost picture, DON'T. If you don't stop it I will not be able to sleep, my hemorrhoids will flare up and I will end up too depressed to go to work next week. Then I'll loose my job, my wife will leave with the kids and my cat will starve to death!

Y'all don't want to cause so much pain, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 10:01 PM

8,570 posts, read 10,994,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
With all due respect Bob, you really don't know with who and what you're communicating.

I'm sure you'd like to believe with all your heart this is your deceased partner, and although it gives a sense of comfort.....

You see how it works both ways.... you're no more believable than the next guy.

Not that it has anything to do with this thread,but my conversations with my deceased partner are indeed real.
I put it out there for others to get one more "view" of the afterlife.
Those that choose not to believe it, that is their choice.
I can only relate my experiences, and with all sincerity, I tell you they are real.
I am truly one of the gifted, who is allowed this ability to communicate with those who have passed on.
The tape recording I mentioned in another thread is just one of the pieces of evidence that I have communicated with my deceased partner.
Five other people, other than myself have listened to that tape, shortly after it was made.
You certainly don't have to take my word for it, and that is your choice.
It is extremely hard to convince someone who has had no experience with the afterlife, that it does exist.
It is like those who don't believe in a God, just because they can't see the entity.
Bob.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:04 PM

7,201 posts, read 15,009,505 times
Quote:
Occams razor, if digital and not photoshopped, there's an afterlife. What exactly that entails we won't know until death.

I have some interesting photos from a Connecticut cemetery. When it comes to technology I'm challenged and clueless about photoshopping,
I recently read that Photoshop is one of several out there that can do things with digital pictures where it is impossible to prove or disprove someone altered them. As for the face in the picture... I can't tell what sex the child or person is and the skin color is too tan, too dark to look real compared to the girl. It looks like alight skinned white girl and a Hispanic or deeply tanned child behind her.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:10 PM

7,201 posts, read 15,009,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
It is extremely hard to convince someone who has had no experience with the afterlife, that it does exist.
It is like those who don't believe in a God, just because they can't see the entity.
Bob.
If you happen to believe in God then you know it is not your partner you are conversing with. The Bible states that the dead are unconscious until the resurrection. So she or he would be "asleep" awaiting the resurrection, not moving about in some other world, other realm where she/he can talk with you.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:57 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,642,621 times
Quote:
I get what you're saying...BUT, My post isn't speaking to fathers grief or his memory. What seems to be an apparition of the boy looks like his photo.

As far as I'm concerned..... its that simple unless the photos been altered.
I know what you're talking about. The only point Iwas making about the father is that I can understand his thinking. I think it takes a stretch of the imagination to actually assume that the photo contains the image of a dead boy. There's no real detail. It's just too blurred. The problem is that the father already stated his opinion and included a photo of his own son. I think if the two photos had been posted side by side among a collection of different photos, I seriously doubt any connection would be made. However, since the idea had already been stated, then it can create a preconceived notion in the minds of viewers. What I mean is that some people would already be assuming a similarity, which in effect makes the opinion biased.

It's possible the sparkler photo could have been shopped. But just to give it the benefit of doubt there's no reason to think it isn't a real photo and hasn't been tampered with. It appears you do as well. The thing is that there's smoke, and smoke can form all kinds of patterns, including gaps (which would appear dark in the photo), in what appears to be face-like. On top of that, the photo (and the 'face') is pretty blurred. Like I pointed out in the last post, look at the other 'face' at the top of the sparkler trail. It's just not hard to imagine seeing faces, etc., in smoke, tree bark, grassy patches, rocks, etc. I think the same thing applies to the sparkler photo as well. We're hard-wired to recognize patterns of things we know about. But common sense is what helps decide if something is real or just an illusion.

A combination of smoke and a slow shutter speed are more likely to have created the photo as seen than the ghost of deceased boy. There are too many other more plausible explanations for such photos.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:52 PM

8,570 posts, read 10,994,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
If you happen to believe in God then you know it is not your partner you are conversing with. The Bible states that the dead are unconscious until the resurrection. So she or he would be "asleep" awaiting the resurrection, not moving about in some other world, other realm where she/he can talk with you.
If you believe what is written in the Bible, and I for one don't , you are limited in what you perceive as spiritual existence.
I not only believe in God, I know it is God that is responsible for my being able to communicate with spirits.
If you knew the process involved in EVP, then you would know it most certainly is divine intervention at work.
The process by which electronic transfer of spirit voice is achieved is physically impossible with just electronics alone.
In today's world of wireless communication, the process of EVP still requires that all important unknown factor of divine intervention, to be successful.
What I DO know for sure is that in the twenty two years since his passing, I have been in daily contact with him, and many physical things have happened which in later conversation, he stated were caused by him.
So, unconscious he is not.
By your statement concerning the Bible, if you believe it, you absolutely do not believe in re-incarnation then.
If these spirits are unconscious, then they can't be re-incarnating, and many people who have glimpses of past lives are hallucinating.
Well, I guess you can believe what you want.
Bob.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:18 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,087,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I tend to believe what the spirits themselves say about our lack of ability to see spirits.
They say we can't see them in a human form, so that is good enough for me.
Humans can conjure up, and believe what they want, but I'LL take the word of those who REALLY have the answers.
So, you are correct, "that settles it".
Bob.
Believe whatever you wish. Your presumption to have the definitive answer to a question that has puzzled human beings since the beginning of consciousness is laughable.
I have not only seen entities, ghosts, spirits or whatever you care to call them in physical form, I've literally bumped into them. I would certainly not presume to know what or who they were. Nor would I ever presume to tell someone on an internet forum they were flat wrong in their beliefs concerning a subject for which there is no answer.

on topic, I don't think the photo's of a ghost either

Old 12-29-2013, 10:12 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,940,064 times
It's the girls face, blurred from using too slow of a shutter speed in low light. Look at the top face - it is having light from the sparkler source light acting upon it. The highlights and shadows are from the sparkler. So ghosts that appear only in photos that weren't otherwise visible to human eyes present interact with real, physical sources of light? Nope. This is bunk. The grieving father is vulnerable and is seeing what he wishes it to be.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:37 AM

80 posts, read 108,896 times
Quote:
Do you have expertise in photo shopping; just asking? The girl is in motion, nothing in the picture is crisp or clear.
No, I'm not an expert but I do use photoshop and there are red flags in that image.

For example, I don't see how that dark line that harshly truncates the girl's hand and the light area behind it can happen with an untouched image. Light fall-off doesn't act that way.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:38 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,576,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzakura View Post
No, I'm not an expert but I do use photoshop and there are red flags in that image.

For example, I don't see how that dark line that harshly truncates the girl's hand and the light area behind it can happen with an untouched image. Light fall-off doesn't act that way.
Thanks, if not genuine, I'm inclined to believe the photo shopping theory over other explanations posted here.

Just hard to wrap your head around the reasons a grieving parent, family or friend would alter the photo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal