Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 01:50 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,950,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
( last sentence )..........why do you ..."hope that they might be out there " ?
For the same reason I hope there are still thylacines alive and kicking in Australia or Tasmania. For the same reason Jane Goodall said about bigfoot/sasquatch in an NPR interview in 2002:

... Of course, the big, the big criticism of all this is, "Where is the body?" You know, why isn't there a body? I can't answer that, and maybe they don't exist, but I want them to...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 07:10 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,578,002 times
I used to watch this show until I got rid of cable. The biggest problem was that no matter how flimsy the evidence nor how horrible the film was that they looked at, all but the woman was absolutely convince they had a bigfoot. Funny show though.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:23 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,276,240 times
These shows are all the same, whether they are hunting bigfoot or UFO's or whatever. They go out with all kinds of high tech gear, talk to people who have allegedly seen what they are looking for, recite case histories and do multiple recaps to fill up air time, lots of night shooting in IR, sounds and blurry video that could be IT, and they have a team with a skeptic, a believer, an experiencer, and a scientist usually, and they never ever find anything.

Autumn Williams did such a show for a while trying to find a bigfoot, and it was the same crap as this latest tripe. It's waste of time to watch it. I'd like to see the money spent producing this video junk go to helping people who need it.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:40 AM

20,090 posts, read 20,897,502 times
They can't find bigfoot or the show will be over! Ha ha!

Old 01-26-2014, 08:36 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,835,493 times
There must be enough people believing something on the show, it keeps coming back. Yes the people on the show are less than desirable for sure as "investigators". I have watched some of them ,bu never finished one yet.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:09 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,103,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
They can't find bigfoot or the show will be over! Ha ha!
Might be taken as humorous sarcasm. but it is True.

Never seen a show about tornado hunters last long, as they nearly always find a tornado. No job security there.

Chasing Ghosts, Sasquatches and UFOs seem to have hope for a long term series.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:42 PM

24,512 posts, read 33,339,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
For the same reason I hope there are still thylacines alive and kicking in Australia or Tasmania. For the same reason Jane Goodall said about bigfoot/sasquatch in an NPR interview in 2002:

... Of course, the big, the big criticism of all this is, "Where is the body?" You know, why isn't there a body? I can't answer that, and maybe they don't exist, but I want them to...
I hope the bigfoot/sasquatch exists, too. I have about 6 books about them dating back to the 1970s.

BTW, it's interesting that the state of Washington has a law making it illegal to hunt or kill a sasquatch. Kind of impressive for something which some people don't think even exist!

Old 01-27-2014, 03:53 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,103,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I hope the bigfoot/sasquatch exists, too. I have about 6 books about them dating back to the 1970s.

BTW, it's interesting that the state of Washington has a law making it illegal to hunt or kill a sasquatch. Kind of impressive for something which some people don't think even exist!
The law makes sense, even if Bigfoot does not exist. Not protecting it left the doors open for someone shooting a Human they mistook for a bigfoot. the woods seem to be filling with would be Bigfoot hunters. some just might get trigger happy.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:57 PM

24,512 posts, read 33,339,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The law makes sense, even if Bigfoot does not exist. Not protecting it left the doors open for someone shooting a Human they mistook for a bigfoot. the woods seem to be filling with would be Bigfoot hunters. some just might get trigger happy.
Yes, I think it is a good law.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:00 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,252,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

the woods seem to be filling with would be Bigfoot hunters. some just might get trigger happy.

Sir. Can you back that statement up with some proof? There are millions of acres of woodlands in the USA.
Which woodlands are you describing? I know quite a few people that own large tracts of woodland and they have not had any problems i know of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal