Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 08:23 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,112,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
the woods seem to be filling with would be Bigfoot hunters. some just might get trigger happy.

Sir. Can you back that statement up with some proof? There are millions of acres of woodlands in the USA.
Which woodlands are you describing? I know quite a few people that own large tracts of woodland and they have not had any problems i know of.
"Filled with" is a very subjective term. What is filled for me may be vacant for others. in my opinion one Armed bigfoot hunter in the entire state of ND would be "Over fill"

If this story from Texas is true, in my opinion there are already too many "Big Foot" Hunters"

Man claims to have shot and killed Bigfoot in Texas | News - Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 03:06 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,952,404 times
I watched the latest New Jersey episode of Finding Bigfoot last night on my DVR. At one point they're listening to a couple of screams among a bunch of coyote howls, and they were completely mystified by it. But I recognized it ... Simply a red fox screaming.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:40 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,255,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
"Filled with" is a very subjective term. What is filled for me may be vacant for others. in my opinion one Armed bigfoot hunter in the entire state of ND would be "Over fill"

If this story from Texas is true, in my opinion there are already too many "Big Foot" Hunters"

That guy is a known Hoaxer. I can take you to a place in Oklahoma where you will hope someone will show up with a gun. Plenty of Haddocks in Oklahoma.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:24 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,177,723 times
Quote:

We have another thread on that subject: https://www.city-data.com/forum/unexplained-mysteries-paranormal/2024295-bigfoot-found.html.

In that link the OP listed another article about that bigfoot shooting you can find this one paragraph:

"But this is not the first time Dyer has claimed to find Bigfoot’s body. The National Geographic News reported in 2008 that Dyer claimed to media that he had a Bigfoot body that later turned out to be a rubber ape costume."

Old 01-29-2014, 10:52 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,112,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
That guy is a known Hoaxer. I can take you to a place in Oklahoma where you will hope someone will show up with a gun. Plenty of Haddocks in Oklahoma.
I used to live in OK. My First wife was Born in Broken Bow, not far from Tulsa. My second Wife was Cherokee and we lived out in the boonies up in the Ouchitas not far from Tahlequah

I still hold the opinion that just one person going out into the woods with a gun to deliberately hunt and shoot a "Bigfoot" is too many Bigfoot Hunters and laws to outlaw hunting "Bigfoots" (Bigfeet?) are appropriate.

I have not seen anything to indicate "Bigfoot" are real, but I think hunting them with weapons should be outlawed. One idiot running around in the woods, planning to shoot a 'Bigfoot" is enough to overcrowd the woods with "Bigfoot" hunters. I would not walk around in the boonies if I knew there was an idiot out there planning to shoot anything he thinks is a big foot.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:48 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,255,256 times
Quote:
I used to live in OK. My First wife was Born in Broken Bow, not far from Tulsa. My second Wife was Cherokee and we lived out in the boonies up in the Ouchitas not far from Tahlequah

I still hold the opinion that just one person going out into the woods with a gun to deliberately hunt and shoot a "Bigfoot" is too many Bigfoot Hunters and laws to outlaw hunting "Bigfoots" (Bigfeet?) are appropriate.

I have not seen anything to indicate "Bigfoot" are real, but I think hunting them with weapons should be outlawed. One idiot running around in the woods, planning to shoot a 'Bigfoot" is enough to overcrowd the woods with "Bigfoot" hunters. I would not walk around in the boonies if I knew there was an idiot out there planning to shoot anything he thinks is a big foot.
I agree with you now. Those guys that think they can just walk out into the woods and take one are to be avoided. You were right in the heart of BF country for sure. Until you actually start learning about them you won't recognize sign when you see it. I go at it that No this is not this because of this or so and so.
I have no desire to kill one but i do take protection along with me for safety.

No greater thrill or sport to be had than out in the woods and hearing them howl or throw rocks at(near) you or tear up the brush and shake trees.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:32 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,575,448 times
Though Big Foots may be less "civilized" than humans, you don't see them attacking and killing humans. There is documented encounter evidence that they are curious and want to observe us or they throw rocks and branches and want us to leave their territory and them alone. But no attacks on humans. And if they did they could easily over-power and kill a person with their bare hands.

No, it takes humans to factor in the "killing" part of the encounter. Humans are far more dangerous than any 8 foot tall, 500 pound primate hiding out in the mountains.

I say "leave them alone"! Let them live in peace and harmony with nature and their own kind. They are not hurting anyone. Don't hurt them.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:58 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,276,729 times
Whether or not bigfoot exists is hardly the point of the show. The point is to make money on it, and that money is guaranteed by the cable companies who sell the channel it's on to you in the package you paid for even if you never watch it. Your cable packages are full of crap you will never watch, because they had one channel you do watch, and this is how you are forced to subsidize loads of BS programming, like Finding Bigfoot.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:40 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,575,448 times
I don't think it's BS at all. It is my favorite show.

Just because YOU don't like it does not mean it should not be part of cable listings.

It would be ridiculous to think that everyone likes the same shows.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:35 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,276,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
I don't think it's BS at all. It is my favorite show.

Just because YOU don't like it does not mean it should not be part of cable listings.

It would be ridiculous to think that everyone likes the same shows.

Fair enough, but tell me, how many bigfoots have they found so far?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal