Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 04:31 PM

136 posts, read 142,090 times

Advertisements

I had a dream my neighbors dog was going to die the same night it died. It was only 2 and they didn't even know it was sick. That is the only "psychic dream" I have ever had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 07:57 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,307,454 times
My husband said I "predicted" the 911 attacks. He woke me up one morning because ants were invading the kitchen yet again. I told him to not wake me up again unless it was something important, like a terrorist attack. And told him to take care of the ants for once.
3 weeks later, the twin towers were hit.

I have many prophetic dreams, from plane crashes to meeting people I've seen in dreams. I just don't think about them a lot anymore.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:45 PM

311 posts, read 467,940 times
I have similar dreams...usually things that I will see in the future. Little things that when they happen, it's one of those "I've seen this before or been here before." In my dreams they are VERY vivid and colorful. I also have had a few "day dreams" as things were happening somewhere else.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:57 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,532,787 times
Ahh, you live with this, too? You sure do make some very good points. Thankfully, her mom was wise enough to relieve her worries about demonic or witch types of things!

Old 06-19-2012, 11:39 AM

19,736 posts, read 20,289,108 times
I've had strange dreams which foreshadowed certain events on the rare occasion...

But I did have a dream about an actual psychic once.

This happened a few years ago, and it was so mind-blowingly cool I wanted to paint the experience--but my brush just couldn't get it right..lol

In the dream, I was in some sort of old (what looked like) stone European city. I walk into this library, where I instinctively approach this woman. I sit down in front of her and she says she has something to tell me. So anyway, I am staring directly into her eyes when they begin glowing. They open up like tennis-ball sized high beams of light, and the rest of her face melts away into somewhat skeleton and she is in pure spirit form. There is an energy rushing all around her, visually distorting our surroundings. I am comletely entraced and locked into this information exchange of light with my eyes. Nothing outside of this light beam exists; we are no longer in the "library", we are nowhere and everywhere at once. After a few minutes everything fades back to normal- the woman, the library, me, myself, everything...

For the life of me, I can't even remember what she revealed to me. But it was a good feeling, and a wildly amazing experience.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:45 AM

24,130 posts, read 32,540,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I can see why she would be lowkey.

My sisters and I grew up as Fundy's too, the three of us are sensitives, it runs in the women of the family although it skipped over our mother.

Anyway, those people take a REALLY dim view of anything like that. It's demons! Demons I tell ya!
They do take a dim view of it but Pentecostals deal with the paranormal all of the time. - Healing, speaking in tongues, spiritual gifts such as prophesy and discernment. It must be attributed to Jesus though, or it's "of the devil." A very "black and white: way to see things.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:50 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,473,281 times
Not me personally, although my friend routinely has psychic dreams. He dreamt of my girlfriend-at-the-time (now ex) and me breaking up. He also had a dream where he tuned into the past and saw another ex of mine who I ran away from in a dream and was able to describe her physique in detail, and also what she did to me, in detail--things I had never told him myself and really haven't told many people. He regularly gets psychic visions during waking hours and has seen our friend die in a car accident 2 weeks before it actually happened, saw himself getting strep throat, and many other things related to other people around him.

I've never had psychic dreams per se, but I have had moments where, even to my surprise, I was tuned into something. For example I was with a friend once and she brought up her two pets that had passed and I was able to see them in my head and feel the illnesses they had that caused them to pass and so on. It was very strange for me because I had never had something like that before happen and as I was talking to her, it felt like I was speaking from a source other than myself, but these words just kept coming out that were completely accurate descriptions of her two pets--things she hadn't told me. The friend I was talking to is very psychic herself and knew exactly what was going on, but I was a bit shocked since I had never personally done "mediumship" before. I've tuned into events involving the living before (such as having a premonition of my friend's foot getting run over by a car), but never the dead. I don't even think I could do it again if I tried--it's something that would just have to happen again spontaneously.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:48 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,500,105 times
I have never had a dream like that, but I have had times where I had a strong feeling that came true. Many years ago I had a strong feeling that something was going to happen to either my dad or this one brother I had. I told my husband about this. A month later that brother committed suicide and a week later my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Last year I had a feeling my mom was going to die. She was doing fine and then had a bad accident at the nursing home she was in and died.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:20 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,160,070 times
All the time. I learned years ago to tell someone when I know they are meaningful, so when they come true I have a witness(es) & don't feel totally nuts.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:26 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,937,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Ahh, you live with this, too? You sure do make some very good points. Thankfully, her mom was wise enough to relieve her worries about demonic or witch types of things!
The words "demonic" and "witch" don't belong in the same sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal